Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up? Wiring harness that I've been talking about for like two years is now done. I'll post a few pics here but the link is http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/15090/64317

Let me know what you think!!!

Dash panel ready to be put in...

Cheers!

Wiring the winch for the inside controls...

Had to cut and clearance the headlamp bucket for these new headlamps with the parking lamp inside it...

Headlights done!

Headliner finally mounted back in...

Fuse panel done, wired, and with the cover.

Dash, done! I love the functionality of it!

Only thing left is to replace the reverse switch so the lights come on when it's in reverse and wire the PA speaker. I just can't believe I have functioning headlights, brake lights, blinkers, hazards, and all parking lamps. none of that except the headlights worked correctly since I bought the thing over 3 years ago..... Just glad it's done and it all works! :chili:

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Very nice. Was that custom made by you or is it an aftermarket wire kit? I like the way you recessed the CB into the dash.

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Wow, great work and clean install. Good job on the dash too. Sounds like you have been waiting a long time for this.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. Was that custom made by you or is it an aftermarket wire kit? I like the way you recessed the CB into the dash.
Thanks very much! The "kit" was "custom" made by Centech. They custom make kits for you based on what you tell them from premade kits they already have. There were no corners cut, no stone left unturned, every detail I told him I needed they included, and then some. Every wire was labeled along the length of it as to what it is. And even then we screwed a few up... :banghead Makes me wonder how hard it would have been without this kit...

Wow, great work and clean install. Good job on the dash too. Sounds like you have been waiting a long time for this.
Thanks! I have been waiting, thinking, planning, and collecting parts since Summer 2006... It's been a long time coming, so long it was and still is ridiculous how long it took me to start, and total time was prob 100 total man hours between me and my friend over the course of a weekend with long, late nights and the following week.

Went very well and so far so good everything has turned out as I wanted it or better. I am very very happy and very happy with Centech's kit and would HIGHLY recommend it to ANYONE!

·
machine gun preacher
706 Posts
very nice work!

a quick question... how are those headlights? do they have the projector in the middle of them? is the lens glass? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very nice work!

a quick question... how are those headlights? do they have the projector in the middle of them? is the lens glass? Thanks!
I have yet to try them on the road. The bronco is just now done, need to go run it around town and test it all out, make sure no wires come loose. haha. but they are glass lenses and the bulb is in the middle. is that what your asking? i don't quite know what you mean by projector?

·
Super Moderator
27,711 Posts
Good job and the info about how Centech worked w/you is invaluable to others here. Suggest you enter a Vendor Review here on Centech See Forum Index for the Review Section).

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good job and the info about how Centech worked w/you is invaluable to others here. Suggest you enter a Vendor Review here on Centech See Forum Index for the Review Section).
Good idea! Thanks for the compliment! And review done!

·
Registered
6 Posts
wow nice job man. wiring is always a pain in the butt. looks very neat and organized. i recently did alot rewiring in mine, mostly patching up some problems. very good work and im glad u reped the BUDLIGHT. haha

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments from both of you! And beer was the only thing that got us through the long nights and being up late... Just starting to wonder if I wired everything correctly as the night went on..... haha, just kidding.

anyway, thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I don't remember if I mentioned it but the back up switch on the transmission doesn't work. I looked up the wire colors and hooked it up and it did not work so it needs to be replaced. (Hopefully it can be)

Anyway, I looked on Bronco Graveyard and didn't find anything that looked like it. Anyone know where to get a replacement or have a link to one or atleast know how much they cost? Or maybe someone has one?

Any help would be great! Would love to put that on and tie up this loose end!

·
Registered
284 Posts
C6? I don't think there would be anything special about it that you couldn't get it at a parts store. Should be pretty generic.

I can't remember but you may have to drop the pan to swap it out........

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lame if i have to drop the pan. might give me a reason to put in a new pan... anyway, i'll check the parts store. thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
does anyone know which wires are which out of the 4 on the neutral safety switch. I finally get around to installing and and I can't find the sheet of paper I printed or the website I found it on... I'll keep looking but there are 4 wires and two are reverse and two are the neutral safety. and another question. are the neutral safety wires just to keep the truck from starting unless it's in neutral or park?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes. The switch keeps you from starting the truck while in gear. You can by-pass it but not sure why you would want to.... unless the switch is bad and you can not start the truck at all.

I can sen you a wiring diagram if you send me an e-mail address. It is in PDF and prints out pretty good.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. The switch keeps you from starting the truck while in gear. You can by-pass it but not sure why you would want to.... unless the switch is bad and you can not start the truck at all.

I can sen you a wiring diagram if you send me an e-mail address. It is in PDF and prints out pretty good.
i actually just hooked up the wires until the reverse lights came on with the truck in R.... so I got that. and the neutral safety........... eh.... i might hook it up but it's not a big deal. since i rewired the truck myself the wires for the safety are not there. i might just do it later if it's ever a problem... so the switch is "on" while the truck is in P or N and lets it start and "off" while in any other gear and won't let it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts