Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,
best wishes from Poland, where I've been struggling for few years to rebuild Ford Bronco which is my dream car ;) It seems, that most of it is done, but I have huge problem to buy under the hood wiring harness. Can you help me where to find it? New or used one. I would appreciate very much if you can suggest me sth, cause Im completely stuck just before the finish line ;)

Its Ford Bronco from 1990, 4918 cm3, 146 kW EFI OHV 16V . VIN: 1FMEU15NXLLB05972. Im not sure which transmission does it have, how can I check it?

Does F-150 have the same wiring harness?

Thank you very much!
Tomasz

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

· Moderator and Scrounger Extraordinaire
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
19,799 Posts
Dear Friends,
best wishes from Poland, where I've been struggling for few years to rebuild Ford Bronco which is my dream car ;) It seems, that most of it is done, but I have huge problem to buy under the hood wiring harness. Can you help me where to find it? New or used one. I would appreciate very much if you can suggest me sth, cause Im completely stuck just before the finish line ;)

Its Ford Bronco from 1990, 4918 cm3, 146 kW EFI OHV 16V . VIN: 1FMEU15NXLLB05972. Im not sure which transmission does it have, how can I check it?

Does F-150 have the same wiring harness?

Thank you very much!
Tomasz

View attachment 207029
Welcome to FSB! We have another recently new member from Poland too, but his name escapes me. Also @simrokkzz is down in Germany.

There should be an approximately 7cm by 10cm white sticker in the drivers door jamb. This is called the certification label and will have most of the original specs on it, such as gear ratio, transmission, colors, etc. It will have a single letter code under the transmission space. You could have 3 different automatic transmissions: K for C6, E for E4OD, and then the AOD which i am unsure of the code for. Or post a pic of the label and i can decode it for you.

Of course this is all hearsay if the bronco has been modified. Gears and transmissions can be swapped and often are.

C6 is a 3 speed with no overdrive and a selector pattern of PRND21.

AOD is a 4 spees overdrive with a selector pattern of PRN(D)D1

E4OD is also a 4 speed overdrive but is electronically controlled. It has a pattern of PRN(D)21 with a button on the dash to engage or disengage overdrive.

Not sure on the wiring harness. Painless and Ron Francis would probably have one.

· Super Moderator
33,587 Posts
Yo Tomasz,
Welcome to our DIY BIG Bronco site!
In 1990 351 Broncos were built withthe E4OD AutomaticTransmission, while the 302s still had the AOD automatic.

The AOD transmission can be identified by its 14-bolt oil pan. The pan is basically square, but the back two corners are tucked in a little tighter than the front corners, making the pan look six-sided. Many of the original pans also have "Automatic Overdrive" and "Metric" stamped into them. The metric is true only because the internal parts are metric, but the external mounting hardware to install the transmission is not. You can also check for a tag attached to the transmission itself. This is located on the driver's side on the bottom bolt that attaches the tailshaft to the transmission body. This tag will have a three-letter code on the top of the tag that will say PKA. The AOD has the neutral safety switch mounted above the valve body on the driver's side of the transmission and the speedometer drive cable is attached to the vehicle speed sensor on the driver's side as well. This transmission uses a throttle valve linkage or cable assembly to regulate the shifts.

Following from Bad Shoe Productions
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Font Automotive tire Gas

Product Font Gas Wood Bag

Font Musical instrument Motor vehicle History Holy places

The manual transmission is the ZF 5 speed.
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Paper

For the engine harness, consider:
Wiring Harness for 1990 Ford Truck with 351w Engine
and
Another source for a new Bronco harness is Ron Francis. Ron Francis Wiring
E mail Ron @ Ron Francis Wiring
They may be able to build you one.
"if you've ever wired a truck from scratch with nothing but spools of wire the Ron Francis stuff is a Godsend. You can actually stop in the middle of the job to get on with your life for a few days and then go back to wiring it and you will NOT have stroke. Try stopping in the middle of the job when you're doing it from scratch, I dare ya. I've installed two of the full kits and a couple/three partial circuit kits and don't have anything but praise for the product. I think the way each individual wire is labeled for it's entire length is probably the best part of the kit. When you're installing it and years afterwards there's never any confusion about where the wire you're holding onto goes or what it's for. I admit they may not be the cheapest kit available but I think anyone who has one will agree it's money well spent, and I know that when I installed my first kit they never hesitated once to put a tech on the 800-help line they have and the guy cleared up my problem in two or three sentences and then gave me his extension & invited me to call him back if I was still unclear about it once I got back to the job. After getting a REAL close look at the wiring on my 88' while doing this tranny thing I'm starting to think I'll soon be in the market for my 3rd kit from them. Kind of a moot point since the wiring is a done deal, just tossing my $.02" by Bronco Bill78

Used harnesses are available from USA yard queens,
I just searched for 1990 >Ford > Bronco > Electrical > Body Wire Harness > Alternate Body Wire Harness
Used 1990 Ford Bronco Electrical Body Wire Harness Alternate Body Wire Harness with 33,000 miles start around $150.
For example, from Hollander @ Used 1990 Ford Bronco Electrical Body Wire Harness Alternate Body

Tri City Auto Parts, Inc.
Part Grade Unknown no pics
Mileage 117,000
$150.00
308-995-6153
Holdrege, NE

G & R American Auto Wrkg
see pics of a small harness @ Used 1990 Ford Bronco Electrical Body Wire Harness Alternate Body
Call For Price
Excellent Condition (Grade A) Mileage 33,000
800-452-0312
Independence, OR

Cambridge Auto Recycling
Excellent Condition (Grade A)
Call For Price no pics
2057 Church Creek Rd Cambridge, MD 21613
410-228-4034

& 1990 >Ford > Bronco > Electrical > Engine Wire Harness > Alternate Engine Wire Harness
Only one result:

G Mill Auto Parts

1915 North 2nd Street Millville, NJ 08332
Excellent Condition (Grade A)
Call for price no pics
856-293-0003

Here are the 1990 Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop, Emission and Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
&
1990 Ford Truck Emissions Manual.pdf by Ford via member 90.CaliBronco in Google Drive @ 1990 Ford Truck Emissions Manual.pdf
Suggest you download both for faster scrolling and to use the table of contents index.

1990 Ford Bronco Brochure by Ford via Dezo's Garage @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1990-Ford-Bronco.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf found by BroncMom!

See my mostly recovered View attachment 202203
site by member schwim @ Ford Bronco And F-150 Links - FORD BRONCO

For any Bronco issues or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories that requires 50 non-padded posts to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members.
save.

See How to add your 90s Signature @ Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum by BigBlue 94

Our site's FAQs includes for example,
How To: Upload Images To Posts
How to Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts
How To Search The Site
What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?
and more tips!

➡See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting".

Try to find time to participate and vote in our current Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to winners; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription, once the article is submitted; and a years worth of premium FSB membership.

Al

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for all the information and helpfull stuff!!!
About these used wiring harness, Im not sure how is it working this page, for instance is this engine harness and how can I buy this?

Btw does Ford F150 have the same engine harness?

· Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,776 Posts
Thank you so much for all the information and helpfull stuff!!!
About these used wiring harness, Im not sure how is it working this page, for instance is this engine harness and how can I buy this?

Btw does Ford F150 have the same engine harness?
Yes, the F150 from the same year will use the same harness. Just need to make certain the engine and transmission configuration are the same as well.

You'll need to call them first. See below. I'm sure shipping to Poland is going to be super expensive.

Can we see some pics of your harness. Guessing based on the fact that you're looking for a new one it's in pretty bad shape.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I will try tomorrow to send pictures of harness and check type of transmission.

I also dont have any seal at the tailgate. Is this the one necessary, not to get rain into tailgate? ;)

I wonder if kit at this page has best price or you know some cheaper place?

· Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,776 Posts
@Rivaldo , you're welcome. Bronco Graveyard has pretty much everything you will need to restore your Bronco. Again, shipping is going to expensive, but if it's the part you need I guess you'll have to pay.

You might also want to check out LMC and
Dennis Carpenter - Ford Restoration Parts they both carry similar Ford resto parts.

With regards to the rear glass run weather strip that will help, but you'll definitely want to make sure the inner and outer belts for the tailgate are in good shape as well as the rubber corners at the tailgate.
Also check to see whether the moisture barrier is in place behind the tailgate access panel. That's a frequent problem area that will allow water into the cargo area.

I'm not trying to spend your money, but my advice, you'd probably be better served to by the entire kit rather than piecing it together. All of those parts should probably be replaced.

Good luck!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
International shipping from Bronco Graveyard is really expensive, Im looking for some other places to buy weatherstripping to check if it can be cheaper. If you have some tips thank you forward. Generally, I need seals not to get water inside tailgate during rain ;)
Edit: I see on rockauto its cheaper. Is this good for Bronco 1990 tailgate?
What more is needed? Im not sure which one is Rear Glass Run, this:
this:
or another one?

What is the use of this kit?

About wiring harness and transmission model, I have problem getting useful info or photos from my mechanic... (I live in other place). I attach here some photos, but probably not helpful for you to identify it. Im pretty sure wiring was "re-made" during use here in Poland, so probably its a mess.
About transmission, on the dashboard there are buttons "4x4" and "Low range". Under speedometer you can see PRN(D)D1.
Thank you again :)
Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Auto part Metal

Plant Leaf Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts