Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but found nothing. i have a 1989 bronco I am going to mass air. was wondering do i need the vss if i have no cruise & e4od? also will be gettin g rid of the egr. seen kit on ford fuel injection. was wondering about the rest of the stuff like the air pump and all that stuff any help would be great!:confused:

·
Registered
981 Posts
If the E4OD uses the VSS now, then it will not run as well without it. The shift points will not be as in sync with the rpm's of the motor. The air pump is used for emissions. The PCM doesn't "read" this item. Losing the emissions equipment should be O.K. as long as it does not throw your air/fuel ratio so out of whack that the computer cannot compensate, though I doubt this would happen.

Are you using a MAF conversion kit or going to a j/y for parts? I am contemplating staying EFI or not on my 92 Brc.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
He has no E4OD

Without the VSS hocked up the computer wont understand that the truck is moving. Most of the time it wont matter, but if you coast for a ways and then come to a slow stop, but only when the engine is still cold. The computer may get confused and the truck die. (I wont get technical with why)

That is the only simptoms I have had from not having the VSS hoocked up.

But it is enough to convince me to hoock it up when I drop in the new engine.

Why do you want to remove the EGR?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have no air pump so really not going to have any emmisions at all. as for the conversion junkyard and new parts from parts store. what are the two vacum soleniods up by the coil for

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
bfox22 said:
have no air pump so really not going to have any emmisions at all. as for the conversion junkyard and new parts from parts store. what are the two vacum soleniods up by the coil for
I have no air pump and I still pass Ga. Emissions.

Where do you live.

If the EGR still works I would leave it alone.

bfox22 said:
what are the two vacum soleniods up by the coil for
TAB/TAD and maybee the EVR. I'm not 100% sure where the EVR is on 87 up trucks.
I put mine on the pass fender of my 86. It was originaly located in the vaccume box on the pass side inner fender

1 - 6 of 6 Posts