Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
So my 3G amp, charge cable kit should be here this week.
I am working on getting my sag pump/pulley swap this week.
I will be doing full ignition, alternator, battery and wiring (terminal/grounds) with RJM parts.
Im not a wiring expert but after reading a bunch of posts i believe i will need a mega fuse. I dont know what to get or what to connect to it. Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated.
I think i almost have all my eggs in a basket.

Thanks guys!
Tim

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dont know if it helps but i bought the 160A 3G... And just realized i might have gotten too small of a pulley. I got the 1 7/8 when i probably should have gotten the 2 5/8, correct?

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
561 Posts
I dont know if it helps but i bought the 160A 3G... And just realized i might have gotten too small of a pulley. I got the 1 7/8 when i probably should have gotten the 2 5/8, correct?

Thanks, Tim
It depends on the measurement of the old pully... otherwise you will need to replace the belt. I just did the 3g this weekend... managed to get the same pully as the old 2g size wise. Also RJM Technologies also sells the charge cable kit with 2 mega fuses and the holder for a great price IMO.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea im going to have to order the bigger pulley. I am getting the mega fuse and holder from RJM but ive never used one or know how to, as far as what im connecting, along with not knowing what size fuse. help?

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Fuse will come with the RJM stuff if I recall correclty. If not, RJM sells em, I believe. I got a 175 for mine.

There is a good write up in here about this whole deal.

Search "3G install" or something like that.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,435 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts