Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is equipped with 5 KC Hilites on a light bar and 2 fog lights on the bumper.

The fog lights look like they just have a single connector on the back with no wires run at all.

The KC lights have been wired, but appear to be unhooked at a couple points.

There are 4 wires coming down from the bar (can't take the bar off right now, mounting screws are stripped). One is grounded and I haven't traced the other 3 yet.

I know I need a relay for the KC lights if there isn't one hidden somewhere. Do you also recommend a relay for the fog lights?

Can someone guide me on the most efficient way to get my lights working?

·
Registered
98 Posts
yes you will want a relay, most switches will crap out on you after a while if you wire it straight "in line". Most Fogs are H3 bulbs i believe, same with the KC's, but I dont remember. if there are no wires coming off the back of the fogs...hmmm, you will need an H3 connector, or you can fab one up yourself. did a quick google search, please anyone correct me here if I am wrong, but maybe something like this, then to a 40a relay, then to battery, with a switch for the relay.

http://www.racinglab.com/kyo-pnp-wh-h3.html

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds like its time to rewire the whole lot. Get you a spool of 14ga wire and some good connectors and make sure all the lights have a good ground and I would run the whole system on 3 relays and 3 switches. Run your fogs on one the outside lights on the rollbar and then the inside on the last. No need to run electrical equipment at its max rating.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like its time to rewire the whole lot. Get you a spool of 14ga wire and some good connectors and make sure all the lights have a good ground and I would run the whole system on 3 relays and 3 switches. Run your fogs on one the outside lights on the rollbar and then the inside on the last. No need to run electrical equipment at its max rating.
1 for fogs
1 for lights on the rollbar
1 for inside?

Not sure I understand the last part.

Also where should I go for the relays and wire/connectors?

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
1 for fogs
1 for lights on the rollbar
1 for inside?

Not sure I understand the last part.
The inboard rollbar lights vs. the outboard rollbar lights.

outboard---> O O O O O <---outboard

Also where should I go for the relays and wire/connectors?
Del City is a good source.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The inboard rollbar lights vs. the outboard rollbar lights.

outboard---> O O O O O <---outboard

Del City is a good source.
Ah that makes sense! Thanks.

Right now I've got a bigger problem... trying to bleed the brakes.

Rear bleeder is rusted on, rounded, tried vice grips and its starting to mash now.

Been using PB plaster and Liquid Wrench.

Is there any easier way to do this?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i used vice grips on mine, but if you absolutely cant get it then just crush it and take it off and throw a new/better fitting on. You can rent the brake flare tools at parts stores.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
When I installed my 4 hellas behind the grill of my Ram, I used 2 40amp relays, 2 for each since I was also installing 130w bulbs in each. I also ordered my switches from this place http://www.otrattw.com/ They were pretty helpful and answered any questions I had about how I was installing and wiring them. I believe I got my relays from either Del City or Parts Direct. I went with a 5 pin relay and a DPDT(on-off-onn) switches so I could either run them independently or switch them so that they came on when I hit my high beams also. I'll see if I cant find the wiring diagram I used to set them up and post it here.

·
Registered
862 Posts
the hella 2000's i have only has one wire coming out of it. the ground is to the shell which grounds to the truck. the one wire coming out is hot.

and yes, use a relay. makes a cleaner install and so much easier.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Best relays are free or almost free. Just go to JY and find junked Fords and pull the big gray relays out of the fuse boxes. Teses are 60 amp and they are the cat's meow. I've used at least 6 on my lights and e-fan

·
Registered
457 Posts
Best relays are free or almost free. Just go to JY and find junked Fords and pull the big gray relays out of the fuse boxes. Teses are 60 amp and they are the cat's meow. I've used at least 6 on my lights and e-fan
picture of this? i'll wanna do this when i wire in roof lights as theyll be a 100 or 130 watt lights and i'll have 4 of them for sure. how'd you mount them and wire them?

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
picture of this? i'll wanna do this when i wire in roof lights as theyll be a 100 or 130 watt lights and i'll have 4 of them for sure. how'd you mount them and wire them?
I don't have a wiring diagram of my lights...exactly.. but here is a diagram of my e-fan and a picture of the Ford relay. I use a standard 5 pin relay plug available at any electronic store or on line.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Here's my Bronco and you can see the 9 lights I put on it. The roof lights and hoop lights are all 100 watt and I use a wireless remote control to turn them on and off and the two small running lights are 55 watts and they are tapped into the parking lights. The two outside roof lights are on one relay and fuse and the other two are on a second relay and fuse and the three hoop lights are all on one relay and fuse. The small lights also are on a relay and fuse.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Here's a couple of Diagrams from the Dodgetalk site that helped me install my lights. The first one is the primary one I used.

Here's an alternative one to consider.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts