Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this ever happen to you guys??

whenever weather shifts, rear window sometimes won't respond to your switch, or even worse, the horn doesn't respond like it's suppose to when you need it to work?

Here's what happened:

I was driving around in New York city the other day and i nearly chopped sidewinder car in half because I couldn't get the other driver to be aware of my presence and speed! (which is odd considered it's a bronco, you had to be blind to not see it coming), and the horn failed! Northeast got dumped with tons of water in the past few days, this happens everytime when weather tmep goes from high to low and especially when the temp is in between. Is this because of the wiring is contract/expanding due to the temp? how do I eliminate this problem?

Also, I have mounted a new loud ass horn on the coolant/wiper fluid resorvoir how is the horn wiring routed through the engine compartment so I can rewire or extend it from the steering wheel to the compressor connector? (the + and - point)

Thanx!

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Sounds like a normal case of dirty connections. Over time corrosion will build up on the connectors and humid weather can cause them to lose conductivity. A lot of times, the fix is just pulling the connector apart and reconnecting it four or five times. When you put it together the last time, put some contact grease on the connectors (the nasy white stuff Ford used for years). You can get the grease at Napa.

In the case of switches, just toggling (or pressing) the switch repeatedly and quickly 20 or 30 times can clean the contacts. Same problem, similar fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts