Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Hello,

It always helps to clean the insulation prior to the photos in order to see the color of the wire and stripe. Is photo 1 gray and white or green and white? I am guessing on this. 1978 or 1979? If it is a 79 and photo 1 is green with white stripe, my Haynes manual has this under Fig. 10.138 wiring diagram c-609 going to the AC Evaporator Thermostat.Photo 2, not sure. might be the underhood light. I have it entering my fuse box right at the wire clamp. I would look but my body is at the paint shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Upon further review, these pictures are poor, and the post was lacking a lot of information.
Yes, this is a 79. I was trying to clean them off, but removing 41 years of grease and dirt, was also distorting wire color. Photo 2 shows just a single plug connector. I looks to be white with brown stripe. Photo 3 shows a cut white with black stripe. I'm guessing that the white with brown stripe in photo 2 was actually white with black stripe 41 years ago. The other question would be, what is the function of this connector? It is butt spliced in photo 4. In photo 4, there is a solid blue wire coming from the wiring harness. The other wire shown is a dark green with white stripe, that goes to the bottom gray connector in photo 1. The top portion of the connector has a solid gray wire that is with a group of 3-4 wire that enters the cab by the AC evap. The gray wire then connects to a lime green with white stripe wire with another gray connector.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,115 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts