Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious where you run the wires for the lights any info/pictures that show where would be really helpful:beer
thanks,
-Chris
if it means anything to you its going on an '83

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
though the roof! across the headliner down the A pillar then to where ever

thats the best pic I have of how I ran the wires for now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then after you do that, do you seal around the holes? and where do you wire the switch to? my thought was to run it down the pillar

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
yeah, I used black silicone to seal around the holes. I used a relay (you really should always use a relay) which had a diagram.

I put my switches in the cubby hole next to the collum

and an old pic

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it be possible to limit the holes in my roof to say...one? (on the driving lights, i can understand clearance lights)

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
i don't like drilling into my truck.

I ran them between the fiberglass lid and the cab of the truck at an angle, down the passenger side post, into my seatbelt cover, where i put the relays, from the relays under the rubber thingy (can't think of what it's called right now) along the door, through the firewall to the battery, or to the switch depending on which wire needs to go where.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
then after you do that, do you seal around the holes? and where do you wire the switch to? my thought was to run it down the pillar
It only leaks when it rains. :histerica

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
would it be possible to limit the holes in my roof to say...one? (on the driving lights, i can understand clearance lights)
yes, thats how billingslee did his

·
Registered
345 Posts
get a 4 way trailer plug and fish it down the a pillar and out the door edge,Then under the dash, no exterior holes and there are 4 wires, buy a trailer wiring kit the tounge part is for the light bar and the other 18= feet to run under the dash, its also removeable unplug it and take off the lights.
I have done this numerous times.

I have done this on roof racks as well. Hope This Helps

"Work smarter not Harder"

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I think drilling my holes was easier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts