Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be way cool to win! Check this out.

You guys may have heard about the Uwharrie 4x4 Cross that they're planning in May. This guy is raffling off his XJ, along with a paid entry fee in stock rig class for the race. Only selling 65 tickets, for $30 each. I love the idea of the race, but I'm pretty certain that I would trash the crap out of my Bronco racing it in class C. I figure 1 in 65 odds ain't bad, so I bought a ticket. Damn I'd love to race that thing, break the crap out of it and then go sell it to the pull-a-part for more than I paid for it!:chili: Wish me luck!

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I've never owned a rig with an axle made out of twigs and leaves like that before. Maybe it's a good thing that the motor has over 240k on it. It'll be like having a built in torque limiter!

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I bought a ticket, too. Dave and I have the agreement, whoever wins, the other person is the co-pilot. 2 outta 65 odds. Not too bad.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Saweet, luck.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
good luck guys. ill be watching. we should go there the day before and get a camp spot . maybe do some wheeling.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Considering both of us are well over 200lbs, someone's gonna have to go on a jockey diet....NOT IT!
Damn it!:doh0715: Maybe you can pick me up another one of those sandwiches, that should do the trick.:goodfinge

good luck guys. ill be watching. we should go there the day before and get a camp spot . maybe do some wheeling.
I like that idea. We need to find a place along the race course somewhere and just camp out. Some place near the top of Daniel or Kodak would be cool, bud those spots are gonna be PACKED! And besides, if Johnski or I win well have to do some prerunning, because it's been a long time since either of us had a rig that was open on both ends!

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
I like that idea. We need to find a place along the race course somewhere and just camp out. Some place near the top of Daniel or Kodak would be cool, bud those spots are gonna be PACKED! And besides, if Johnski or I win well have to do some prerunning, because it's been a long time since either of us had a rig that was open on both ends!
im off work every fri. at 10am. i could go and get the spot and then you guys show up later in the day.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
The D30 is actually a pretty tough axle. It's safe locked with 35s and with alloy shafts it's good for 37s (provided you don't jump it...). It will laugh at those 32s.

The D35 rear on the other hand...pissing on the tires has been know to break shafts.

If it has a 44 rear, you're good to go. :thumbup

EDIT: clicked the link; you're boned. If you win, it's almost guaranteed that a broken rear axle will be what stops you :toothless

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im off work every fri. at 10am. i could go and get the spot and then you guys show up later in the day.
That sounds like a great plan.

The D30 is actually a pretty tough axle. It's safe locked with 35s and with alloy shafts it's good for 37s (provided you don't jump it...). It will laugh at those 32s.

The D35 rear on the other hand...pissing on the tires has been know to break shafts.

If it has a 44 rear, you're good to go. :thumbup

EDIT: clicked the link; you're boned. If you win, it's almost guaranteed that a broken rear axle will be what stops you :toothless
Yeah I agree that the D35 rear is bonerific, especially in light of the fact that I recently broke my 8.8 in half by using too much skinny pedal!

edit: I was just looking back at the raffle thread, they've already sold 48 of the 65 tickets! If anybody want in on it better hit it now! Also, they've started a thread to name the Jeep, because a guy is going to make a big window decal for it. I liked the "Won not Built" name.:histerica

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I think Dave should break his agreement with Johnski, and let me ride copilot since I am the skinny one.
Not happening. The co-pilot will just be required to wear a jacket filled with helium. Problem solved.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Dave should break his agreement with Johnski, and let me ride copilot since I am the skinny one.
Damn it man, get over there and buy a ticket! Only seven tickets left! Do it! Do it NOW! And if you happen to be out flying that day Johnski and I can graciously offer to race your rig for you.:goodfinge We'll take good care of it, I swear!

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
If someone on FSB wins....i may be interested in the tires after the race.

good luck

1 - 20 of 29 Posts