·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go get my shoulder surgery tomorrow.

Kind of worried.

Can't eat or drink after midnight.

But.....I get MORPHINE!:chili:

Wish me luck, don't know if i am going to be coherent enough tomorrow to sign in.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You better take all that crazy medicine they give you and come on and post up some shit that you wouldn't want anyone to know about you, so we can make fun of you once the drugs wear off.

Oh yeah, goodluck, you'll be fine.

Keith
~Houston, TX

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Ask for Benadryl before the Morphine. If you're gonna have the drip and be on it for an extended period of time -like 3-4 hours or more - get some Benadryl. Morphine will make you itch like hell when you come off of it and it sucks. I got it for about 12 hours after my transplant and itched like hell for 24 hours after that.

Good luck with it, you'll be fine. The coolest part is when he goes, "You're gonna feel sleepy..." Next thing you know you'll be in recovery. Piece o' cake. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Good luck man. The skwerls are pullin' for ya!

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Good luck. Have some morphine for me would ya?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good luck, Rob--hopefully morphine works for you, since it don't do crap for me; I got demerol instead.

I'm still off for the next 2 weeks (got rid of my neck brace today), so if ya need help with the truck or crap like that, gimme a call

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
hope for the best man!!

My Mother had surgery too, they pretty much remove abunch of the deteriated bones in her foot. they still don't know what it was, but they are saying it is close to be Osteomylitis.

Either way i am sure you will be fine, and morphine is your friend, but he ain't your best intention friend!!!

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
3 hours til i have to be showered and ready to go, and can't sleep.
plenty of time for sleeping during surgery, are they putting you under? thats the best part, surgery rooms are freezing but theyll throw warm blankets over you and hit you with the gas, oh yea, good sleepin'

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
here is how it went for me. Seargent T------d count backwards from 10. i said 10, and the next thing i knew i was in the recovery room getting my blood pressure taken. all i know is that i had to poop so bad, and my leg was straight (knee surgery) that was where the big hospital bathrooms came in handy. and the morhine drip was outstanding they should serve that shit in bars

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Good luck Rob.

Hey save some of the Vicodin they give you for your "at home" pain control. Then when you come over for the lift install party we can make it a real party with beer and vicodin(doesn't get much better than that).

When my back is hurtin pretty bad I like to take a "Bob cocktail" ; one Vicodin, one Ultram, one Motrin and if it needs a little help I chase it with a beer or two. :thumbup Of course you don't have to be in pain to try it and guaranteed you won't be in pain afterwards.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,529 Posts
1. you *****! buck up little buck-a-roo! :goodfinge

2. If your taking Vicodin and Drinkin'... come on over here so I can slap you upside your stupid skull! :twak Ever seen a kidney shut down on a person? It's not pretty and that's a serious way to make it happen!

3. Good luck bud, you'll do fine... unless your docs a freakin' quack! :goodfinge

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Seriously good luck Rob.

We can always make fun of you later.:thumbup

·
Registered
245 Posts
good luck Rob. Post up when you can.

·
Super Moderator
25,833 Posts
Hope it went a-ok! And keep track of what meds they load you up with today.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts