Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 78 BRONCO WITH A NEWLY INSTALLED 6 INCH LIFT, IT PREVIOUSLY HAD A 4 INCH. WHEN DRIVING ANY SPEED ABOVE 30 MPH THE FRONT END STARTS SHAKING VIOLENTLY, I CANT EVEN HOLD THE STEERING WHEEL. WTF?

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
big broc said:
I HAVE A 78 BRONCO WITH A NEWLY INSTALLED 6 INCH LIFT, IT PREVIOUSLY HAD A 4 INCH. WHEN DRIVING ANY SPEED ABOVE 30 MPH THE FRONT END STARTS SHAKING VIOLENTLY, I CANT EVEN HOLD THE STEERING WHEEL. WTF?
Death wobble..very common and very well-discussed topic here..un-cap yr keyboard to stop yelling and start searching. There are a ton of factors that could be involved and it may take a while to figure out yours. FWIW..I own a slew of EBs and BBs and they have each suffered from death wobble at one time or another..it ain't fun, especially if you let it break the center out of a wheel in the process. Ask me how I know about that...on second thought..just use search and get started on figuring out yours.

·
Registered
689 Posts
mine had the wobble...it was the lower track bar bolt hole was out of round....theres a repaire bolt to fix the problem...i cant remeber the name of the compony

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
could be a trac bar bolt... could be the steering pump. old pitman arm... basically my friend had it and ALL these things caused it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts