Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Bronco XLT 5.8L, I bought her used in '96 and used as my DD until last year. Now I am looking to install a lift, big mean lookin tires and drive her the way she was intended, mostly for fun. Couple questions I have. I read somewhere that instructions for removal of the top are not in the 95 manuals cuz they are not supposed to be removed. Is this a legal thing or what? I was wondering about the doors as well, can they be removed. Would that introduce too much sway with the doors off, or just resemble a jeep too much?

·
Registered
147 Posts
As far as the top removal, it is the same as previous years, however with the seat belts being mounted up high and the 3rd brake light, legally you cannot take the top off, hence no instructions. Most people who like to ride topless 95+ get the lap belts for the rear, or a rollcage, and then a 3rd brake light mounted onto the spare. I'm not recommending you do that, just fyi.

As far as removing the doors, I'm not sure. Hit up the search feature, I'm sure someone has done that before.

·
Registered
53 Posts
on my 94 fsb i had to swap out the rear seat belts and put in lap belts then put in a L.E.D lighted bar under thhe tailgate as a third brake light as for the doors its illegasl to take your doors off unless you extend your rocker panel up about 3 inchesfrom the top of the floor almost as it would look like on a jeep wrangler

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
As far as the top removal, it is the same as previous years, however with the seat belts being mounted up high and the 3rd brake light, legally you cannot take the top off, hence no instructions. Most people who like to ride topless 95+ get the lap belts for the rear, or a rollcage, and then a 3rd brake light mounted onto the spare. I'm not recommending you do that, just fyi.

As far as removing the doors, I'm not sure. Hit up the search feature, I'm sure someone has done that before.
even the lap belts and brake light wont make it legal, but to be honest... what officer is going to know that your truck is newer than 1993 (1994 was the first year for the 3rd brake light)

Nobody is going to pull you over JUST because you have your roof off on that old of a truck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Removing the doors and driving the road would not be legal. ( as mentioned above ) You can check with an officer and see if it legal to switch to lap belts, if you are worried about it, or you could always just remove the seat. Also check with an auto inspector and see if the third brake light is necessary for inspection. (It is not here where I am) Besides if you lift it your brake lights would already be in there face. Best to you, and have fun with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are Lap belts on the back seat normal too? I've seen a bunch of posts about switching to lap belts... Mine already has them :) yay. The moron who had it before me did SOMETHINGS right I guess... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts