Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone with 39" tires post a pic. because im wondering what they woul look like on my truck, im currently running 36's but im wondering what 39's would look like.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,277 Posts
Check my superford.... I'm on 39.5's, 6" susp. 3" body and some minor trimming

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
I dont have an answer for that but a few questions instead
whats wrong with you 36's?
are they the super swampers on the 79 that you list?
Do they have big mud lugs?
will you sell them? CHEAP?? I am looking for some good Mud tires,
I'm thinking about building a mud bogger out of my 78 Bronco
strictly offroad

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the tires on my truck now are 35x12.50x15 supere swamper tsl's
but they're all wther cracked because the truck sat a little while before i got it, they still do hold air though so if you're still interested let me know,
the other reason why im considering 39's is because i need to redo the lift, i've got a 5.5" lift with blocks so im going to redo the lift to either a 6" or a 9" suspension lift

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weber think you can put in a link to your supermotor site?

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Weber - that winter shot is awesome...!

·
Registered
533 Posts

9"lift 3"body. not big on body lifts, but it was there when i got it. 39x15x15 tsl super swampers. i like webers truck. it looks good with, or with out mud.:thumbup. johnny's has beed locks. i need me some of them:cry

·
Banned
495 Posts
im going 44" tires 6.5" cage progressive coils and cage long arms.. and cut like a mofo!!! hope i dont ruin my new tires on sheetmetal , gonna tub the rear some too maybe

Ray

·
Registered
404 Posts
Now when I said it never rubbed, It might have something to do with my front not flexing as much as I think it shoud have....... but It was mainly set up for mud/trail riding and not for rock crawling...

see, not much flex at all....

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts

9"lift 3"body. not big on body lifts, but it was there when i got it. 39x15x15 tsl super swampers. i like webers truck. it looks good with, or with out mud.:thumbup. johnny's has beed locks. i need me some of them:cry
Did you have that truck painted or did the P.O. do that...? I'm partial to that blue and it looks to have clear coat...? Or no..? :beer

·
Banned
495 Posts
Now when I said it never rubbed, It might have something to do with my front not flexing as much as I think it shoud have....... but It was mainly set up for mud/trail riding and not for rock crawling...

see, not much flex at all....

what is welded ino your wheel openings? is that solid bar stock or somthing to prevent sharp edges? coudl i get some info about this mod you have done?

ray

·
Registered
404 Posts
When I cut the wheel opens, I took two pieces of dowel rod, and a paint marker, taped them all together... so one would follow the wheel opening, while the paint marker made a line on the metal where I wanted to cut.... then I extended it out and made another line an inch father up.... and from that line I used channel locks, hammer, a block to bend and shape the metal...... ofcoarse I had to make relief cuts every so often, but as you can see, it came out pretty nice.......

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did you have that truck painted or did the P.O. do that...? I'm partial to that blue and it looks to have clear coat...? Or no..? :beer
the p.o. had it like this. he used decales. i had a painter friend help me,or pretty much i tried to help/learn. it is all paint, and clear coated. we even sanded the edges of the paint so it feels smooth. it's still a mud truck, and buffs up pretty good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts