Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello heres the deal. i have a 78 bronco i have swapped a complete 89 460 efi and all into it. i am using the bronco's c6 trans instead of the 460's auto. does the computor need the trans vss info etc for the eng to run properly? engine starts and idles fine under hard accell or anytime cant get it above 4000-4500 max then starts spitting sputtering. only codes are trans codes. it will rev fine to about 3000 then starts lugging to 4000 then sputtering etc.
thanks for any help.we have replaced dist,new tfi,coil,fuel press regulator fuel press good at 45psi under load. has been this way since swap was completed
scott

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
l&l fenderwell headers straight to turbo mufflers no cats. i havent tried pulling the mufflers yet. 4500 rpm is barely. it revs good to 3000 and labors to get any more eventually will barely get to 4500. even in neutral. ghetting frustrated. if you run in much mud it just pulls it down.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
89 460 EFI probably was backed by a C6 anyway. I don't know if the e40d was an option then. Regardless, it should run fine without the transmission inputs apart from codes.

Lets start with basics, timing is it right? Did you set the timing with the spout OUT? What's compression? Does it have good grounds and batt cables?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think we found it. cking inputs t/p voltages etc. found that the coil feed only had 10v at idle when you would rev it about 3500-4000 it would drop to 6v or so and jump around.never above 10v. we ran a hot 12v wire to the coil revs to 5000rpm no banging out. there is a fuse link in the system probable causing it. going to chase it down the rest of the way tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts