Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1990 Bronco with 302 manual won't start. It has no spark power to one wire on coil 12v put 3 different coils on it one is brand new accel. Is it supposed to have power to both wires or is the other supposed to have 12v or maybe 5v. I can't find any info i searched. Also i tried another condensor don't know how to test anyone know? I also tried plugging in another ignition module but i didn't put it on the side of the distributer does it have to be there i grounded it but was just trying to narrow down the problem. The Bronco origonally had a 351 and e40d in it. I swapped in a 302 and a 4spd manual out of a 87 f150. I reused my origonal chassis harness and used engine harness form the 87 truck. I need it to run asap pm me or reply with any info. Thanks I could use info on what wires or components to check. Thank You

·
Registered
150 Posts
So has it ran after you did the swap? I would try installing the ignition module correctly just to be sure...I hate the electrical stuff. I'm sure a diagnostic from a professional would be pretty cheap and save the headache...

·
Registered
2006 Lincoln Navigator
1,499 Posts
The coil should have +12V on one side. The negative side gets grounded by the PIP signal and ignition control module. With the SPOUT in the PCM also controls the timing. If there is no PIP signal, there will never be a completed circuit to ground to fire the coil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts