Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 155 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock suspension on my 89 fullsize. I was just thinking how cool my truck would look with 38" tires. I was thinking of installing an AAL to be sure it would fit in the rear and add some coil spacers or get the f150 spring perch. Any help wood be appreciated, thanks in advance:thumbup

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*sigh* stock suspension is gonna barely fit 33s let alone 40s :smilie_slap
actually, I realized 40 may be too big, that is why I said 38 in the question, just forgot to change the title.

38 + AAl should work, right?

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,038 Posts
Step one: Cut fenders
Step Two: Mount tires
Step three: ???
Step Four: PROFIT!

Orrrr, if you prefer math:

Sawzall - Fenders + 40" tires + TTB/8.8" = WIN

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
actually, I realized 40 may be too big, that is why I said 38 in the question, just forgot to change the title.

38 + AAl should work, right?
you should be able to clear 44's with a AAL. just be prepared to cut out at least another 12" of fender with the sawzall.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
Step one: Cut fenders
Step Two: Mount tires
Step three: ???
Step Four: PROFIT!

Orrrr, if you prefer math:

Sawzall - Fenders + 40" tires + TTB/8.8" = WIN
very nicely said

yea, my TTB doesnt even like my 35s. so on 40s:banghead

you need a huge rear axle, and some beasty Solid front axle

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
very nicely said

yea, my TTB doesnt even like my 35s. so on 40s:banghead

you need a huge rear axle, and some beasty Solid front axle
i was thinking the other day how i'd like to get a cheap busted bronco, strip it down to the minimum, chop the fenders, throw some 36-38s on it maybe weld the rear, toss a cage in it and use it just for trails just to have something that won't leave me high and dry if it breaks (which i'm sure it would)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I don't want to sawzall anything so that is out

lol I meant would

ok so 38 and 40 is out. how about 36? I could always make longer shackles to get the height in the rear and for the front the f150 spring perch along with a spacer.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts

lol I meant would

ok so 38 and 40 is out. how about 36? I could always make longer shackles to get the height in the rear and for the front the f150 spring perch along with a spacer.
a 33 is stuffed stock in the front (i like full fenders though), for sure wouldn't be able to fit even a 35 without major lift in front, or a bit of trimming

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts

lol I meant would

yea just do that but use a piece of 4x4 1/4 wall tube under the coils for the front and use the same for the leafs in the back. shit'll be fine, not trimming needed :beer

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.