Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a wood grain pannel for sale? Im looking for the one that goes around the cd player, ac controls... for my 1985. I was installing my pioneer cd player, took the panel off and set it between the front and rear seat. Well basically my brother folded up the rear seat and broke mine. Any info on even were i can order one would be great. Thanks

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
i've already been through the wrecking yards on our side of town. not gonna find one there. ford wants 125 bucks for it. you can downgrade to the black accent panels, i see those all the time, and the yard wants like 10 bucks tops for those. theres a few wood grain panels at apache auto wrecking, but they are REALLY faded, as in almost tan. i just got done refinishing mine (the most plausible option, considering the costs.) all i did was strip the wood grain, plastic primer the panels, then go over them with a dark gray metallic. came out pretty nice in my opinion, but doesn't look good in a picture, so no pics of it. take the letters off the top though, those are tough to find intact at the yard...

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
84x4bronco said:
i've already been through the wrecking yards on our side of town. not gonna find one there. ford wants 125 bucks for it. you can downgrade to the black accent panels, i see those all the time, and the yard wants like 10 bucks tops for those. theres a few wood grain panels at apache auto wrecking, but they are REALLY faded, as in almost tan. i just got done refinishing mine (the most plausible option, considering the costs.) all i did was strip the wood grain, plastic primer the panels, then go over them with a dark gray metallic. came out pretty nice in my opinion, but doesn't look good in a picture, so no pics of it. take the letters off the top though, those are tough to find intact at the yard...
Thanks for the tip. I'm re-doing my interior anyways so maybe I'll just go all black for the pannels. I really like your bronco. Maybe as soon as I get my lift under my truck we can go 4x4ing sometime. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I have one on my 90. I don't know if it will fit, but perhaps we could work something out?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
dang, why not? Do they clip on differently? :( I'm slowly trying to get rid of my trim since mine is (slowly) going the route of a trail rig...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts