Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local guy around here with this lovely bumper. The craftsmanship is just truly incredible, stained and varnished.

Think Hefty will be able to compete with this?

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,511 Posts
we've got a guy that has a huge piece of wood on his bronco. its liked 5 inches thick and 18 inches tall then as wide as the truck. actually looks pretty cool

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe he uses it for pushing cars? At the local dirt track the trucks have those to push the cars without messing them up. Just a thought.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
He doesn't push cars at the track with it.... it is a bad 70's flasback, It's not a good thing.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Local guy around here with this lovely bumper. The craftsmanship is just truly incredible, stained and varnished.

Think Hefty will be able to compete with this?
Hell yes!.......I was a general contractor till the economy went to hell. I'm probably better working with wood than I am with metal:thumbup

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
So he had a giant popsicle stick and had to bolt it onto the front of his Ford. I can't wait to see the roll cage... Bamboo?

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hell yes!.......I was a general contractor till the economy went to hell. I'm probably better working with wood than I am with metal:thumbup
Alright lets talk numbers. Need a wooden bumper for my 250, needs to house a 2k winch (I plan on using multiple snatch blocks), 2 shackle mounts and I need brackets to mount at least 6-8 spot lights.

Any chance the shackles can be made with pressure treated lumber also? What are my options for finishes?

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Use a closed grain wood for bumpers, Coated decking screws for holding shackles on, always pre-drill, And use a good UV resistant laquer of course.. GO GREEN !

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Railroad ties make the best front bumpers, especialy if you live in deer country

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
It beats all these gawd damn jappy fiberglass bumpers you see on half the cars in America, not by much but it beats it.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
So he had a giant popsicle stick and had to bolt it onto the front of his Ford. I can't wait to see the roll cage... Bamboo?
Bamboo would probably be better than the pvc pipe roll bar i saw in the back of an old S-10 one day..

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Expected to see a picture of my Centurion when I opened the tread... whew!

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The economy sucks and this guy went out of his way to make his truck legal unlike most. i say, way to save money, boss. I'm sure it put more food in his family's mouths.

Nothing unsafe, just ugly.
I believe he took off a perfectly good stock bumper to put this on. Idk how its safe either. That poor child who runs across the road at the last moment is going to get a ton of splinters.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts