Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my stitches removed this morning, all ten of them. There were four on my palm, and six on my wrist. Here are some pics I took with with my camera phone at the doctors office...

I now have a half cast that I can remove, and I have finger stretching exercises that I have to do.

Just thought I would share my exciting day.

James

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sway said:
Tried to have sex with the dog again?
Perv... :goodfinge

James

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
When i first saw that picture I was like "Holy shit what did he do to his back?!"

Then I felt like an ass. That's all. Glad you're on your way to getting better.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember, down the road not cross the tracks.
LOL... I was thinking the same thing when I saw it after the nurse took the bandages off. I guess the doctor didn't get that memo.

Marauder said:
So what exactly happens to your hand when you have carpel tunnel syndrome? How do they fix it via surgery?
Short version....

Tingly fingers, pain in fingers, weakness in hands, dropping stuff, pain past my elbow that would wake me up several times a night. WebMD has a lot of good info. Surgery is done by cutting the carpal ligament, as seen here.

Bronco Rob said:
Feels good don't it.

I go back to work Friday.

Been off since January 20th.
Yes, it does. No pain in my left wrist anymore. I take it they did both your wrists as well then. So far I have been off of work for two weeks and I'm going nuts. Ten more weeks left. :doh0715:

James

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
No i had reconstructive shoulder surgery.

i couldn't use my right arm for 6 weeks, and the last 4 they were iffy about me doing things like wrenching on the Bronc and riding the motorcycle. Finally last friday i said "EFF YOU" and started beating on it again. I am back to about 98% have lost some of my range of motion, but the shoulder feels better than the one they didn't operate on.

I had several tears in my rotator cuff, a torn labrum (complete tear). So now i have some bling in my right shoulder, two stainless steel screws and some stainless steel wire to stitch up the torn rotator cuff, the torn muscle and the torn tendons. The surgery took 5.5 hours.

Just some advice. you are just into this, and it seems kind of fun, but KEEP YOURSELF BUSY. I had to sit down and explain to my family why i was grumpy all the time, you kind of lose your self worth when you are not working and unable to do anything, you feel like shiznit. I couldn't even wipe my azz with my right arm. Anything that was bothering you prior to being off work will be multiplied by the loss of self worth. Just some advice.

I was like COOL i am off work i can get everything done i need to get done. I basically had it all done in the first week of being off work, and the last freaking 9 DRAGGED.

It's nice to be able to use both hands again.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I bet that first ride on the bike was like sex. Good sex.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Good luck with it, I have had two surgeries on each wrist and my hands are still screwed. My scars go from about the middle of my palm to an inch and half below my wrist. The second time they did a fat graft to pad the nerves and still no good. :banghead

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
Finally last friday i said "EFF YOU" and started beating on it again.

It's nice to be able to use both hands again.

TMI Rob :whiteflag

Bet you're lying about having to use two hands too :goodfinge

1 - 18 of 18 Posts