Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for rolling over and helping me tool around on the bronco?

I want to pull the front clip off and yank the motor out. I have a Rear main seal to replace and the trans needs a new Front main seal..

Yea everyone would say it would be easier to remove the tranny, but I need to get the motor out of the way so the frame can be repaired correctly and easily. Plus by doing all that 1/2 of the stuff that I need to take off for the F250 body swap will be out of the way.. =)

I'd appreciate any help.. I wouldn't mind someone snapping pics of the process. :toothless

Also if anyone has 2 factory size tires/wheels laying around I'd appreciate it.. I've got 2 of Tony's but I would like to get the whole thing down on stock size wheels just to make it a little easier to work on.. =)

I'm 90% sure this is going to happen this weekend, Regardless I need to get the frame fixed..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey man, I'd love to drive out and learn a few things from the older guys, perhaps take photos too but I'm kinda low on cash. The reason Im replying is that I have an extra 31X10.5 R15 wheel and tire lying around that you could use. It was my spare tire until it got a small gash on the side, I found a replacement with rim for 20 bucks so your totally welcome to borrow my old wheel/rim for as long as you'd like. I'm over in Irvine area, just PM me (or if any guys do head over, just have them drop by to pick up the wheel and rim)

Good Luck

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool deal.. If I have someone heading out there I'll let ya know...

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
hay Spectre call me i got one for u it is my spare but u can use it till i get her back on the road Shop # is 951-2442-8685

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hay Spectre call me i got one for u it is my spare but u can use it till i get her back on the road Shop # is 951-2442-8685
242-8685? =)

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
I have one more like the one you have. I can bring with to the AAT meeting this Wed

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just picked up some 31's from a buddy.. So I should be good with wheels/tires..

So I went to my buddies place today and ironed out the last of the deal for the F250 body.. So we are a go on it.. So this weekend I'll be pulling off the front clip, removing the motor and will be removing the interior.. (dash) That way I can get the wiring harness out.. "Just in case" I'd appreciate any help people can provide on Saturday.. Sunday I have a dinner to go to.

I'm actually going to start on it tomorrow.. I'll pull off the 40's and put on the 31's and start doing what I can by myself. =)

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4263 Snowberry st.
Riverside, Ca 92054

We'll see how things go.. I actually just pulled off the 40's and put some 31's up front and some 33's in the rear.. I need to get out there and cut the welds that hold on the front bumper.. Once I do that I can start removing the front clip..

It all should be pretty quick.. Once it's all off I want to push it on the trailer and take it to my buddies place for the body swap. =)

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Spectre - Might be able to make it on Saturday, just depends on how much catching up I have to do around the house after spending 6 weeks in Yuma, AZ. If I can make it, what's the show time?

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ziggy! :beer

Show time will be roughly 10 "ish"

I want to sleep in and bum around a little in the morning.. What's being done isn't going to take all that long.. Just trying to get some people together.. bs about bronco's and keep me company while I turn wrenches. =) Plus having a couple extra set of hands makes things better..

I'm already slowly getting things ready to pull the motor. I've already taken off the 40's and put on 31'.. Today/tomorrow I'm going to cut the welds so I can take off the bumper and then start unbolting the front clip and drain the radiator..

So ya.. hopefully Saturday is an easy day of just pulling the motor.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sat is almost here!

I've already got the bronco on 31's in the front and 33's in the rear.. Got the front bumper off and drained the radiator..

Need some masking tape.. =)

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok.. So far I have Cucamongan and Ziggy who "may" show up..

951-941-8059 is my cell..

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FYI.. I'm taking the tools out now and will be "toolin" around on the bronco. :toothless

1 - 20 of 28 Posts