Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

being more at home cause this damn virus has given me little time to start restoring my 1989 5.0L EFI XLT Bronco I got few years ago.

I'm from Europe, Portugal. This is my second project, my first was a Dodge Ram 1980 5.9L V8 that I got cheap. It was cracked up - the dudes swapped the engine from a 5.0 which is internally balanced to the 5.9 which is externally ballanced and of course they thought it was just swapping (the harmonic balancer came with it but nothing on the flywheel :p... When I saw it it was rustling full of metal degrees, and one cracked cylinder which was sleeved. some months later I got it running. Summit racing has 100 bucks adaptor plate with the weights :p.

Anyway in Europe these cars are super hard to find, and my main goal is learning, so it's fine :)

So the Bronco is my favourite car (wish I had money for the early ones) and this one was running not so bad. Overheating a little, bad starter which I fixed. Now it was time for the water pump. and since I have time, hell, let's see If I make it preety.

This post is just to say hi. I will post another one now as I need some help :p
Heres a pic of the Bronco (and you can see the Ram too)

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Welcome to FSB and congrats on the 89, she looks to be in pretty good shape. Lookin' forward to seeing what you do with her. I had an 80 Dodge truck I sold about 20 years ago. It was a stepside with the 225 6 cylinder though.

·
Super Moderator
24,725 Posts
Yo Ruddy,
Welcome!
Here is some info for you; 1989 Ford Brono EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ 1989 Ford Bronco

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary @ Lubricant Specifications

For any Bronco questions, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Our Forum faqs @ FAQ
Includes for example,k How to Use Search.
See more tips!

Spend some time in @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

See and Vote in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Also see the prizes! They are freaking awesome⚠

Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts