Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in Tikrit, Iraq about 4 months now. Working on C-12 Beechcraft aircraft. They hunt humans here. The last 2 big Taliban a**holes that were rubbed out were found by our birds.
I am attaching some pictures. It is pretty brown and desolate around here. This was Saddams personal airport and his Air Farce accademy. And yes it rains mud here sometimes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
is that a quad "dishka" (.51 cal) aa gun? god i hate those things

·
Registered
800 Posts
:D:usa Cool Pictures... My company has me deployed also... Been in Australia for the last 4 months. :thumbup Keep up the bad guy hunting. I'm making more aircraft for you to hunt with. P-8A and AEW&C

·
Registered
729 Posts
:rockon from a fellow contractor.

Home on leave right now, but spend my time in Basra USD-S.

I'd post some pics, but minus the Beechcraft they look exactly like yours, :histerica

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
What jobs are out there for non-combat, or non-highly skilled trade type people looking for a change in career?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hmmmm..

Trade skill and life support jobs are always available, but I presume not as a laborer per se, moreso as supervisor/shift lead types. Cooking, HVAC, carpentry et al.

Check here http://www.kbr.com/Careers/Job-Search/

There's wrenching jobs too that can be found, vehicle maintenance.

Iraq contracting is winding down, lots of folks have left theater. Afghanistan is still growing as jobs go, but it's a different beast. From the beginning A-Stan has been more "LN 1st" (Local Nationals) type of contracts, meaning the ExPats that are working there are mostly supervisors, trainers and managers. All the labor is being done by local hires.

Even the shooters are taking much lower paying contract offers since the job pool is shrinking, the big Corps can afford to be much more selective now. Without a solid background in combat and specialty schools/training, not many new shooters will be entering the game these days.

LEO's are always in need, there's lots of training slots for them in both theaters still. CIVPOL programs are still pretty massive and many instructors are being sought due to attrition and turn-over. Can check here for that type of gig: http://www.dyncorprecruiting.com/ext/subpage.asp

If you're former Military, combat arms, have deployment time in a combat zone and have any Special Ops background, contact me via PM or email and I'll go deeper in detail with you about opportunities in this field.

If you're prior Military and have any instructor experience you can look into: http://www.mpri.com/main/careers.html I have several friends with this company and they are very happy, all things considered.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Shu,

Sorry for the de-rail!

Get down to Basra and I'll buy you a greenbean and a cigar! or maybe we'll just link up in Dubai.....:beer

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shu,

Sorry for the de-rail!

Get down to Basra and I'll buy you a greenbean and a cigar! or maybe we'll just link up in Dubai.....:beer
No problem. We are winding down the hiring as well. Rumor has it that by Sept. the base here will be half Iraqi army. Can hardly wait for that.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had 2 days of no AC in the tent. 115 outside and hotter in the tent. The real bad thing is we are the night shift so only a couple hours of sleep then to work on the Army planes. They supposedly fixed it last night. We will see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts