WTF? Is there a reason to that or just cause he thought it looked "cool"? :twak

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
seems like its the most 'smoke stack' he could do with a minimal amount of work. Older army hummers had something very similar to that.

The military HUMVEE that you saw with the "smoke stack" is a deep water fording kit. Part of the kit raises the exhaust to above 60", and the other part of the kit raisers the air intake to above 60".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah...I figure he may mud it often and wants to be able to start it if he gets stuck. Best I can figure, since it has as much power as it does, it was for style.
I tell you, I still cannot get over it. It is the worst looking exhaust I have ever seen! :shocked

In some ways, it looks like he wanted to rip off the exhaust mock-ups on the hotwheels trucks my son plays with. You know, with the big tires, hood scoop, and "rat rod" style exhaust contoured up the sides of the vehicle.

The way it turned out though, it's like a Bronco with a really ugly Mullet :histerica

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was actually about to do that except run it up the pillar between the hard-top and the door. Almost glad I didnt.

·
Registered
533 Posts
they were a member, or are still a member. it was posted here, and for sale. i think they wanted like $2500 for it. i asked whats up with the pipes? the reply? basically tell me i know nothing about offroading,if i did i would know that water would not come up the exhaust, and i need to go do search.

the pipes look bad.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,494 Posts
I don't think its that bad, at least it sounds decent like that.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i think if you mud it or do some trail/water crossings that's a great idea, i would run it up like that but by the tail lights though, so you don't have that exhaust right by the door. for a DD, or something that is only goign to see weekend wheeling i'm not sure how useful that would be

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they were a member, or are still a member. it was posted here, and for sale. i think they wanted like $2500 for it. i asked whats up with the pipes? the reply? basically tell me i know nothing about offroading,if i did i would know that water would not come up the exhaust, and i need to go do search.

the pipes look bad.
Wow. Sounds like he was quite defensive about it, like deep down he knew how ugly it really was LOL :twak

I have seen other rigs [rare though] with a customized exhaust run up higher before [usually more vertical like a Semi or otherwise very near the back], just nothing even close to the total, utter lack of taste and aesthetical value in THAT particular manifestation :histerica

Don't get me wrong; there is something to be said for how some really beat up rigs actually look cool. I like the crumpled up yet bad to the bone rigs with rock rash, cages, Dana 60s, Boggers, etc.

But this? It still looks to me like a Bronco with a very bad mullet :toothless

Would also hate to get out and mistakenly grab hold of the still-hot exhaust pipe to steady my footing.....:doh0715:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Now had he run the pipes strait up, and put flappers on top... that'd be a different story... :thumbup

1 - 20 of 40 Posts