Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was jumping the bronco in and outta my brothers dry pond when an old oil burner..who was watching this go on from across the creek walkes over, beer in hand, and explains to me why i should stop.......ball joints.......ive never thought about this. He went on to explain how he works for ford and has to replace the bj's on superdutys all of the time. It made sense what he said and i sat back and ponderd a bit my self. I found out that dynatrac now offers a rebuildable balljoint that is 3x better than stock. I wanna jump up to 40's before the year is over and that "guy" gave me alot to think about. They are $600 for a set...my questions are....
1. $600 for ball joints....worth it?? I wanna say "yes" just not sure...
2. After the hardcore BJ's what will be the week link?? Knuckles??
3. Is Dynatrac's free spin hub kit worth the $2K
4. Do they make a better knuckle?

Truck has a 2005 D60 up front, i dont go crazy wheeling her, i just rather build it right the first time and try to avoid breaking as much as possible. This is still a family hauler that i drive too and from the trail!

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Dynarape installs the same balljoints that you have in their ProRock60s... They're not quite as preferred as kingpins, but there's nothing wrong with em really.

Get a set of Reid knuckles if you're really concerned. I think that you're ok as long as you're not jumping the hell out of it.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
2. After the hardcore BJ's what will be the week link?? Knuckles??

Actually I think the wallet will be the weak link.. Girls aren't cheap. :histerica

And 600 for 4 ball joints.. That's 150 each... They better be able to handle anything and everything.. I'd be bent to spend that kind of money just for them to fail out..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts