Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you own a 84 Bronco like me please identify yourself or contact me so that I can ask direct questions to people that know what I have. Im learning how to address problems with my newly purchased mud toy and Ive searched many online sites, forums and shops to get a handle on building what I really want. This site has been very helpful so far, answering many questions that Ive had but I would like to speak with someone that has actually done a SAS and steering upgrade on my year of truck most of all. Anyone that has a compatible year truck is preferable but i'll make friends with anyone that is willing to contact me. All help and advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks for responding.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Its not like you have to meet people who have the SAME rig as you. Just post any questions you have and they will be answered by anybody.

·
Billdo
2,195 Posts
regarding the sas, the drive train is basically the same for 80-96 so just search the threads in sas and youll get ideas

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
Like said, there's not much different in the suspension from 80-96, and 98% of your questions on the SAS can be found in that forum. With that said, feel free to look through the link to my supermotors gallery in my signature. The blue 84 XLT has a leafspring Dana60 from an 88 F-350, along with the entire drivetrain from that same truck. There's also lots of other useless mods in the gallery, like a rollcage, Herculiner interior and custom wiring harness. JSM84

·
Registered
832 Posts
i have an 84. too bad only people with an 84 can help with your problems :/

·
Registered
605 Posts
If you own a 84 Bronco like me please identify yourself or contact me so that I can ask direct questions to people that know what I have.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea...

From now on if I have a question, I only want it to be answered by someone with a Dark Toreador Red and Smoke Gray '96 with gray interior.

I would prefer that the person responding also have a small chip in his windshield on the passenger side and a ding in his left 1/4 panel caused by some idiot in a parking lot.

This will assure that the respondent knows exactly how to diagnose my problems!:thumbup

All you other losers can respond to my questions also if you'd like but I won't pay attention to anything you say:goodfinge

:toothless

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have an 84 allso. But these trucks are almost the same all the way to 96.This is a great site for info and links just ask and some one will help.Make friends with search this will avoid some flameing.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apparently my message came across other than intended for some. I would not turn anyones advice away I only prefered someone with simialr equipment for comparisons sake. I have already had people offer advice on my truck's issues that couldnt help me because they werent familar enough with my truck's equipment. Im not a mechanic and need all the help I can get, familiarity for me is a biggie. I am not used to Broncos either. This is my first one. Im learning how similar some are. I ve owned a CJ-7, a GMC 1500 and a Titan, never a Dodge or Ford until now. Thanks for all the input, I hope to share some pics of my beast soon. All comments welcome.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
need any help, feel free to hit me up.

never done a SAS myself (came close had all the axles and parts, but sold my '95 and bought a '79 with a solid already in it) but ive been around here enough to know what needs to been done and the MANY ways you can go about this

-Ethan

ps- where abouts Vero you located?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
south county line, bordering fort pierce and vero beach off turnpike feeder road

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.