Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my truck still has no vacuum advance hooked up. But, I was wondering if you guys could clear something up for me. The C6 tranny has a Vacuum line hooked up to the carb. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that run off Ported Vacuum? if so, couldn't I just run a "T" in the line, and have it run to both the tranny and Distributor?

·
Registered
148 Posts
the vacumn modulator on the tranny runs off manifold vacumn, like your brake booster.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
:stupid Dizzy advance uses ported vac, tranny uses manifold vac.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:stupid Dizzy advance uses ported vac, tranny uses manifold vac.
I know what the Dizzy uses, but I've been racking my brain trying to figure out where it is on my Motorcraft 2150 carb.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
I know what the Dizzy uses, but I've been racking my brain trying to figure out where it is on my Motorcraft 2150 carb.
Stop "racking your brain" and stop looking on the carb. It isn't there. Try the vacuum tee on the intake manifold. OR, you could follow the line from the transmission and see where it goes :shocked

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Sounds like he has the tranny hooked up fine, he's looking for a timed port for the dizzy. Im not familiar with the 2150, but you could probably google it, or it may be in Haynes. Or, you could check each port yourself by unplugging and capping all vac lines and start it up. Pull off the caps one at a time and put your finger over the port, the timed port will have very little if any suction, and manifold ports will have noticeable suction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.