Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would anyone be intrested in buying a keychain in the image of a bucking bronco? it would be a carved metal horse and not a picture of a bronco...I spoke with a custom designer who said they would make 500 possibly 200 but no less.....so i was wondering what intrest might be out there for such an item cuz i dont want to buy 500 keychains for me

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
If the bronco was completely cut out I'd be worried about getting the legs or tail caught on stuff or jabbing me in the leg... Maybe if it was just engraved into a medallion or something? I'm assuming you've seen this one even though it isn't the actual emblem. Might be able to make one with the FSB block lettering instead of the EB script...

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-17194-bronco-script-logo-key-chain.html

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my Bronco is not a daily driver so the keys would really be by themselves on the chain I had in mind....I was thinking of the horse emblem that is on the Bronco 2s or something like that...and it would be about the size of two fingers

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
would anyone be intrested in buying a keychain in the image of a bucking bronco? it would be a carved metal horse and not a picture of a bronco...I spoke with a custom designer who said they would make 500 possibly 200 but no less.....so i was wondering what intrest might be out there for such an item cuz i dont want to buy 500 keychains for me
I already have the capabilities of doing just so. It's just a question of whether it will infringe on Ford's copyright/trademark or not.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have the capabilities of doing just so. It's just a question of whether it will infringe on Ford's copyright/trademark or not.
If you put Ford on it then yes that would be a problem because your using their name without permission.....but they do not have copyrights on the animal kingdom......a bucking horse is no different than a roaring lion....you could even sell these things at rodeos

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
but they do not have copyrights on the animal kingdom......a bucking horse is no different than a roaring lion....you could even sell these things at rodeos
Tell that to the trademark office. Anyone can trademark a specific animal shape.

Like I said, I have the horse ready to go but I don't want Ford coming after the company that I work for. I'd need confirmation from someone who has direct knowledge of the trademarking system that I'm good to go for using that specific horse fender emblem shape.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell that to the trademark office. Anyone can trademark a specific animal shape.

Like I said, I have the horse ready to go but I don't want Ford coming after the company that I work for. I'd need confirmation from someone who has direct knowledge of the trademarking system that I'm good to go for using that specific horse fender emblem shape.
I like the gentlemens idea above your last post about putting the Bronco in a Circle...and that very bronco is the same one used on emblems for Bronco 2s....and If that horse was used then I would agree with you about copyright infringement.....a NEW design would have to be made we could not use an existing one for these very reasons....I propose a design of a bucking bronco with its head turned in..looking back towards its hind legs..this image would be different than Fords emblem...it would look more like a head on view but off to the side (if you can picture that)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dustball if you want to make these I would certainly purchase one and i bet you could really market these in other areas such as rodeo events and country affairs...the cowboys and cowgirls of America would love 'em too Im sure...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts

Like this. Did the FSB ever actually have a horse emblem? I know the BII had the bucking bronc and the Mustang has the horse hauling ass,and like I said Ferarri has the prancing horse,but if you could get by with it,this would look good with a band around it.Maybe pewter.

Did FSBs have the emblem,I mean besides offroads silver anniversary?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Like this. Did the FSB ever actually have a horse emblem? I know the BII had the bucking bronc and the Mustang has the horse hauling ass,and like I said Ferarri has the prancing horse,but if you could get by with it,this would look good with a band around it.Maybe pewter.
yes a horse like that but I would not want that pose.....to me a horse rearing up is not the same as a bucking or kicking horse...i guess you need a 3d model to make the key chain i had in mind..cuz i want it to be more of a releif than a flat casting...when you feel it you can feel the contours of the face and shoulders etc....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts