Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i might.

There is a guy about an hour from me selling an 8.8 that is geared to 4.88 out of a 92-96 F150 (that is the body style it came out of) so it has VSS, and all. One im sure it will fit the bronco. He wants 125 for it. which i think it worth it cause he just geared it last june. he says he pulled it out of his rig to put a 14bolt in. Would you guys buy it? I think i might just so it is cheaper to regear to 4.88s in the front.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
seems like a really good deal. how are the brakes? Is it a trac-loc or an open carrier?

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems like a really good deal. how are the brakes? Is it a trac-loc or an open carrier?
I havent looked at it yet. he said he had it rebuilt last june and has been running it up to a few months ago. i will get it pull the brakes and redo them while it is off the truck. Im just looking at the money it will save me from getting gears installed. i may buy it/rebuild it, and keep it till i can get my 35 inch tires.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
$125 is a good deal with the gears setup like you want them

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that is what i was thinking. but what about with 33s that would probably be horrible huh?

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
You'll be running 37% more rpms at any given wheel speed. So 2000 rpm which should be around 65-68mph (I think, I dont really remember but I'm guessing) with the 4.88's you'd be running closer to 2750rpm

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i may buy it and put it up till i get my 36 inch tires then. either way it is a good deal

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More info. full width, out of 93 f150 rebuilt last june, pulled off truck 3 weeks ago, open carrier. drum to drum.

Im going to buy it from him. 125 is a steal to me. It has VSS but what do i need to look for to make sure it will work? isnt there a tone rnig or something that the VSS reads?

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Yes it is in the diff, on the back of the ring gear bolted to the carrier. Just make sure it has all of its teeth and none are bent or chipped.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If it fits your intended application, then it is a steal.

Since he is putting a 14 bolt in, I am assuming here, that he wheels his truck hard. Make sure that the weld between the pumpkin and tube are intact.

Regards,
Cristan

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it fits your intended application, then it is a steal.

Since he is putting a 14 bolt in, I am assuming here, that he wheels his truck hard. Make sure that the weld between the pumpkin and tube are intact.

Regards,
Cristan
Thanks he said he has not wheeled it hard. i believe him. he is in my 4x4 club here so there is no reason to lie about it. he is selling it dirt cheap as it is

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Hell yeah, I'd buy it. It is hard finding a 8.8 for sale that has already been geared. Especially one from a fullsize. I've seen a bunch from Exploders that Jeepers sell, but nothing full width and 5x5.5.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well im going to buy it next weekend. it is out of a f150 so it should be good to go.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i bought it, i will be picking it up not this weekend but next weekend. Now i just need to work on the front. come on stimulus money ahhahaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts