Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,038 Posts
I'd just drill two holes in a piece of 2" square stock and slap a bigass shackle on it.

But thats me; I'd rather rip off the trailer hitch then send another reciever-mounted pos through the tailgate of a truck.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd just drill two holes in a piece of 2" square stock and slap a bigass shackle on it.

But thats me; I'd rather rip off the trailer hitch then send another reciever-mounted pos through the tailgate of a truck.
another???

it'll be mostly for pulling trucks up hill's they can't quite get up
or would i be better off just using a reciever pin through a 2" strap,

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
i can't tell if that thing is solid stock or not. if it is, that's a good price.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts

·
BurnedB's competition.
2,038 Posts
another???

it'll be mostly for pulling trucks up hill's they can't quite get up
or would i be better off just using a reciever pin through a 2" strap,
I don't remember what brand it was or where he got it; but my buddy's truck had one of those on it, chrome and everything. See how it gets smaller at the end to allow the shackle to attach?

I was pulling on it with my dodge, and he was stuck pretty good, but not what I'd consider 10k worth of weight. I gave it a couple good tugs (Yeah, it was full throttle second gear all the way ;) ) it broke right where the shackle attaches. only bounced off my bumper, but scared the shit out of me.

I'd rather put my faith in something thats held on by four to six grade 8 bolts like the trailer hitch than those. but if you're only going to be using it for mild use then it should be ok.

I just overkill things, thats all. :goodfinge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts