Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K taking the leafs out of my 80 f-250. The bolt holding the shackle to the rear hanger what size is the nut? I tried a 7/8 too big. 13/16's too small. I could hammer the open end on but to rusty for it to break it loose. Just slids off. Going to work on it tonight and it's about 15 mins away so I want to buy a wrench before I go out there if need be. Also off hand anyone know the size and length of that bolt? Also the one's holding the leafs to the spring hangers?

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Wanna say it's metric..IIRC maybe 18mm? 21mm? think there was some metrics in the suspension

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah I see kinda figured and had no clue what was the equivalent (sp) size. I have very little metric tools. Just recently started buy newer trucks. My 86 and 80. Otherwise I was also in the 70's.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Ah I see kinda figured and had no clue what was the equivalent (sp) size. I have very little metric tools. Just recently started buy newer trucks. My 86 and 80. Otherwise I was also in the 70's.
Just pickup a set of metric deep sockets from harbor freight or the like, cheap...and will hold up decent to abuse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts