Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok it wasnt that hard. all i used was a cutting torch, grinder & arc welder. the total costs i will add up, but the steel was under $20 i bet and most likely below $15. the grade 8 stuff was under $6. the most i paid was to have it drilled. i dont have a 1" bit so buying one for this one hole didnt make sense. if i do another arm i will buy a bit i guess. one thing, when you drill, remember that the arm is not level just because its flat... think about it. i will get pics today i hope. nothing against anyone who does these and sells them, but before anyone buys one, consider buying an arc welder and making your own. feel free to ask any questions. AXE:thumbup

·
Registered
315 Posts
haha i swear someone puts a post up about everything i have an idea about just before i do it, i love this place :D

anyway, im looking at different lifts and ive decided to just use 2" leveling coils and adjust everything, the only reason i wanted to get a lift kit really was for the radius arms they send with it... but i can weld so what the hell, thats like a 50 dollar project!

i would love pictures or tips or problems you ran into, im going to do a tech write up on mine when i make them so feel free to contribute!

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i cant imagine extending your arms would be any harder than my wristed were. steel is pretty cheap. I took a wire brush to the arm & shinyed up the steel and welds so it looks like its been painted silver. then i clear coated it. naval jelly works great too. a few Qtips & a small wire brush help. my cousin isnt home so i cant get pics yet. AXE

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wont a wristed arm only improve flex on one side of the truck? thats the only reason i went extended instead of wristed.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
muddinmike said:
Wont a wristed arm only improve flex on one side of the truck? thats the only reason i went extended instead of wristed.
yes, but it will make the other side flex more do to it relieving the bind in the C bushings, which really makes the truck flex....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ready for some pics and an update on how well they work

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont really like doing "write ups" myself. i find myself too busy to stop & take pics. i read all the ones around & basically am here to say its not as hard as you might think. i want to put it on, but i am really lazy. im suprised i even made it actually. it was fun & good practice with the arc welder. its 38 pounds. a stock arm is just 15. i still need to fill in the other non wristed arm that i will swap in. the passenger arm you can get in there easily so i may install if before the D60 goes in. the drivers side you have to unbolt the front drive shaft. i like the shiny steel look. oh yeah, i have to get a big a$$ wrench for the 1" hardware too. later, AXE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.