Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard this one on the radio yesterday on my way to the office and made me laugh:

Biker gang foils armed robbery in Australia
An armed robber picked the wrong target when he raided an Australian bar where a biker gang was holding a meeting _ and ended up hog-tied and in hospital. Police said Thursday the man and an accomplice, wearing ski masks and waving machetes, stormed into a club in a western Sydney suburb shortly before 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday and yelled at patrons to lie on the ground as they tried to rob the till. The ruckus attracted the attention of up to 50 members of the Southern Cross Cruiser Club, who had just started a club meeting in another room, who jumped up to intervene. One of the robbers escaped by leaping over a balcony, while the other tried to flee through a service entrance, the club's president, who identified himself only as "Jester" told Australian Broadcasting Corp.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
"Imagine 50 bikers coming running at you, all wearing leather and in black," added Jester.
:rofl::rofl: They must have dropped a load about then!! :histerica

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
That was great !

and similar to the Darwin award winner from a few years ago. He had to squeeze past a marked police cruiser to get into the Arizona gun store he was going to rob.

He drew on the armed owner and fire was returned by the owner, both cops and two or three armed patrons, which proved fatal for $h!thead

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
just another stupid thing... It amazes me when the news talks about a robbery gone bad, I think to myself, is there ever REALLY a good robbery?

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Austrailia is like England/UK when it comes to gun rights. There aren't any.
We had a computer store robbery in Chinatown yesterday

and the guy had a meat cleaver :shocked

She gave him the $200.00

Sixlitre

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,122 Posts
I saw this one on the news the other day... thought about posting it up with the recent "Bad Biker" thread but decided to let it go.

Coolest thing to me was I know one (used to be 2, but one died a few yrs. back while defending an old couple who were getting beaten and robbed by some thugs with steel pipes at a train station, we have a memorial run for him during Sturgis each year. G.B.N.F. Barney!) of the Southern Cross bro's. I don't suspect he's one of these guys but I haven't seen him on the biker board since this event. He and his ol' lady travel to the states to attend Sturgis with us since 2000. Great folks to know and party with!

As for the whole outlaw deal... being an outlaw doesn't mean your a law breaking asshole, it means you live by a different code that may or may not conflict with the establishment now and then. Those bikers beating down the robbers (the report I saw said 2 guys... one ended up hog tied and the other had to be hospitalized) were probably breaking the law by defending the establishment they were in. "Taking the law into their own hands", but I'd be willing to bet the owners were happy a hell to have them there! :thumbup

·
Registered
772 Posts
Im assuming this is the same one I saw the video of on the news last night. It was funny watching the bikers run out with chairs in hand too beat the robbers with :histerica

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i think that quite a few of us live by a different code that sometimes conflicts with the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too bad these guys werent around for dead eye dick's daughter.

·
ford freak
731 Posts
That was great !

and similar to the Darwin award winner from a few years ago. He had to squeeze past a marked police cruiser to get into the Arizona gun store he was going to rob.

He drew on the armed owner and fire was returned by the owner, both cops and two or three armed patrons, which proved fatal for $h!thead

Sixlitre
I remember that, something like 44 rounds in his body, from 5 different calibers...

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
I remember that, something like 44 rounds in his body, from 5 different calibers...
I had trouble believing somebody could be that stupid. I kept thinking he was trying to commit suicide and couldn't pull the trigger hizsef'

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 21 Posts