Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally paid off my bronco and it only took a year and a half! :toothless I have not actaully owned a vehicle since I was 16 and drove a POS!!! Just wanted to tell everyone how excited I am.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
now you can put lots of money into it making it better...and better...and better.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Congrats man, now you can use the extra flow to mod.

I remember back 3 months ago when I had no car payments. Then I picked up a second truck. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
mine will be paid off in a month (sorry i am an attention whore)
hey now, don't move in on my territory of attention whoring.

i'm such an attention whore, that i replied to that statement just to say it.

oh, and op, feels nice to OWN something doesn't it? (as opposed to the bank)

·
penis
3,320 Posts
hey now, don't move in on my territory of attention whoring.

i'm such an attention whore, that i replied to that statement just to say it.

oh, and op, feels nice to OWN something doesn't it? (as opposed to the bank)
What I love being an attention whore as much as I love being a real whore for the government LMAO.. To the OP nah but it nice to own it out right though what are your first plans for it now

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To the OP nah but it nice to own it out right though what are your first plans for it now
I am pretty sure something will break now as stated above! In the end, I want to just save some money up so the wife and I can buy a new car and the bronco can finally just be a toy. The OD just rolled over 93,000 miles so it certainly has some life left in it! :goodfinge

I have had my eye on a new SHO. With the bronco paid off and the new job I might actaully be able to afford the payments!

·
Registered
674 Posts
How did you have a loan on a 15 year old truck? Most banks won't finance stuff over something like 7 or 8 years old. Buy here, pay here?

·
Registered
805 Posts
How did you have a loan on a 15 year old truck? Most banks won't finance stuff over something like 7 or 8 years old. Buy here, pay here?
My bank will loan me money for older trucks. But instead of being an auto loan, my bank will make it a personal secured loan with the vehicle as collateral. Interest rate is a little higher.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Congrats. I've got a while before things are paid off. :Cry

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My bank will loan me money for older trucks. But instead of being an auto loan, my bank will make it a personal secured loan with the vehicle as collateral. Interest rate is a little higher.
Secondary/non mainstream finacing does it too.

My main dealer has a company that damn near does it if the caustomer has a pulse, a reasonable attempt at a job and the numbers are right 20-30% down, rig within book specs, yada yada.. costs the dealer $800 for the note, so the customer is made a little more knowledgable, and gets it at list not the grand off haggle price they had.

double digit interest, but... for a short term note, or a "gotta have it" rig, especially if you can ballon the payment, it works for some. They pound out the trucks, specializing 5-15 year old rigs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It required special approval, but because of the low miles and the condition of the truck a local Credit Union did a standard loan for it. I actaully got a really good interest rate...

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
mine will be paid off in a month (sorry i am an attention whore)
Um, I paid cash for mine. Then promptly drove it in the garage and started working on it... Maybe I should have bought a nicer rig? OH WELL :)

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Um, I paid cash for mine. Then promptly drove it in the garage and started working on it... Maybe I should have bought a nicer rig? OH WELL :)
Mine needs works rear hangers new speedo cluster cuz I cannot roll it backwards (had to replace it due to PSOM issue) LMAO tailgate 1/4s and auto hubs converted to manuals but it is the cleanest one I have found around hear everything else has MAJOR issues bad frame sever body damage Oh and my winshield seal leaks. Was sitting over a year with bad break lines but 1700 for it isn't to bad books in fair at 2800

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like mine. I bought it a few months ago and just made a $1400 tranny payment. :doh0715:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
nice dude, i took a personal loan for my truck too. i could pay it off but i figure id rather build my credit sense im young. my car on the other hand, i still owe 9800 :(

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
I finally paid off my bronco and it only took a year and a half! :toothless I have not actaully owned a vehicle since I was 16 and drove a POS!!! Just wanted to tell everyone how excited I am.
Thats awesome, I put a 10k engine in the bronco and after about 3 months when I got it paid off I said I would never have a loan on anything but a house. Im still young so hopefully I stay true to that, I dont need to look cool in a big lifted f 350, But drive something reliable is all I want.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts