Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up only being three rigs, but Mark Dave and Ryan came as riders since their rigs are under the knife. it was a pretty nice day down there. not too crowded, not too cold and not terribly muddy. the frame twister was realy slick as was the rest of the obstacle course, but the jungle trail wasnt bad. ran into some jeepers that were having a hell of a time on that trail. Unlocked and shitty wheel travel made it a lot of watiting for us. We crawled right thru and our buddy with Brett with a nice TJ made the other jeepers look silly.

Over all the one tons did well. I need longer shocks and better diff protection, and think I will redo the lower ttb mount moving the spring back an inch or so. Otherwise it was great. Very reassuring to have the stronger axles, and lower COG with the added weight of the axles.

here are a few pics, more on the reg page
http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=1278&s=15751#content

i think dave has some video footage of the jungle, the frame twister and me trying out the rock pile.

here is Bill

and finally brett, showing us a wheelie.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
nice :thumbup that guy Bill is everywhere, I feel like I know him from across the country :beer

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
looks good, its amazing that there are some west coast guys that acutally like mud! when did bill switch tires? whats he running now, looks like a swamper? looks like fun, damon, your rig is one of the finest i have seen, just need some sliders now!

wes

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, the coil needs a little work. its fine, just looks funny.

Thanks for the compliment wes. Actually, we dont like mud. i avoid it like the plague, cause the stuff at hollister is like cement. Sliders are next on the list

Bill is running 38 TSL's (last two sets, since they only last for a month)

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts

that spot looks familiar :thumbup:

i wish i could have gone, looks like you guys had a great time and it doesn't even look like it was that muddy.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
plug ugly said:
yeah, the coil needs a little work. its fine, just looks funny.

Thanks for the compliment wes. Actually, we dont like mud. i avoid it like the plague, cause the stuff at hollister is like cement. Sliders are next on the list

Bill is running 38 TSL's (last two sets, since they only last for a month)
last two sets? am i as lost as the rest? i say he gets 37 inch krawlers, or 40 inch mt/rs!

wes

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
both he and i are considering the 40" MTR's but they are $$$$ and hard to find. The procomps are an option too, but he keeps getting 38 tsl's for cheap so that is what he is running.
It just doesnt seem like there are good options on bigger tires these days unless you are sponsored or stupid with money.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Looks good Damon.

That wristed arm scares me though....

I am sure you will get it working good. Bronco looks amazing.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it works good now, just need longer shocks wih the added lift.

Not sure why the wristed arm scares you, it is plenty strong now that it is reinforced. The weakest part of my rig now is tranny/tcase and the shitty frame

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Not yours in particular bud. i am just not a fan of them personally.
What kind of shocks you getting?
I have my eye on those 5150's from Bilstein

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont know the number. the new ones that rancho is making. IIRC they are like 21 compressed and 36 extended. Roughly 2 inches longer compressed and 4 extended than the 9012's I have now. Procomp has a similar shock, but they are too soft. I may go with the 5000 version to save the money, but prolly will stay with the 9000 even thos I rarely adjust them

how much coin are the bilsteins (sp?) and what is the travel?

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Bilstein is correct. The new 5150's with additional (not really remote) reservoir are $100 each. Up to 14.53" of travel. The ones most similiar to the ranchos you listed are 20.37/34.90. Part 's BF5-A198-H0 or BF5-A198-H1 depending on the valving.

Bilstein has a bunch of other shocks for offroad. You could also try the 5100 or 6100 series. They also have 17" travel in the 9100 series, but thats big money.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts