Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 Bronco and I'm in need of some 35" tires and 4.11 gears. 9" rear D44 front. Will even take units that need to be rebuilt as long as the ring and pini0on is good. If someone can give me an idea of what vehicles to look at in the wreckin yards it would be appreciated.
Zip code 72642

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,013 Posts
i have 5 35 inch bfgs coming off in abouy 3 weeks for sale... probably still on the rim 1 is perfect 2 are about 85% and two are a little coned but have lots of life... i am in 77379

and if you are looking for some offroad only tires i have 4 35x14.5x15 inch boggers with about 15-20 % depending on the tire

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have a 9 inch 28 spline third member but can either swap in a 31 spline carrier for you or just pull the 28 and you can swap in a 31 spline carrier. Open carriers is all I have. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am new to this, Just joined. BigBroncoJeff: Let me know how much for either set of tires. I do need the off road tires but i enjoy driving my bronco so much that my daily driver usually sits instead. I don't have a whole lot to spend so give me a price and I'll check shipping.
RTM: I can use my 31 spline carrier off of my 3.50 gears, right?? if so, and you don't feel like swapping I can do that.

I'm going to be a newb and ask, How do I PM??

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
click their name, and it'll open a menu and go to "private message so and so"

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yes you can use your 31 spline carrier. I wuld install new bearings since it will have to come apart anyways. I would measure the backlash before I pulled the 28 spline carrier. This will make it easier for you to reset it and get it right plus it saves a couple of bucks on shipping weight. $150 plus shipping.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can get them here for $75 bucks already pulled. I just have to go looking, counting, dividing and hoping for a 4.11. I'll let you know what i come up with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
look for mid 70's pu's in the bone yards or 78-79 bronco's as far as finding a stock set with 4.11's good luck but new ring and pinions run about $150.00 and you could check ebaymotors for new and used gears, stay away from closed knuckle D44's the tubes are smaller and they are weaker units overall you might check pirate 4x4 for used axles www.pirate4x4/forums.com

Good Luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
WTB: 35's ans 4.11's

Timothypm said:
I have a 79 Bronco and I'm in need of some 35" tires and 4.11 gears. 9" rear D44 front. Will even take units that need to be rebuilt as long as the ring and pini0on is good. If someone can give me an idea of what vehicles to look at in the wreckin yards it would be appreciated.
Zip code 72642

ford 9" carriers accept all gear ratios, however the D44 split gear ratios at 3.92 so A 3.50 carrier won't work with 4.11's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.