Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for either a new or a used mini spool/lunchbox locker for my TTB D44. I want to get it very soon for a trip next week. Anyone have one laying around or can point me to a good company to get one quick?

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
4wheelcustom's here on this board sells them. Many Pirate vendors also sell them. For TTB's somebody was just saying the other day that you should get a richmond minispool because some other minispools don't seem to get the splines engaged all the way. That's just hear-say though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can find it on Ebay for 25 bucks please show me. I never see them for that price. A few are going for 70 bucks or so but I dont think they are name brand.

I want a mini for some fun. I am getting a better locker when I put my new gears in but untill then I just want to put one to say I did it once and try it out. I know they aren't the "Best" but its for fun.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I don't know the exact price for the 4wheelcustom's one (which I'm getting soon), but I know that Classic City Offroad (Username: CCOR) on Pirate priced out a minispool and Crosspin for 35.99 and 16.99 respectively. If you get the minispool, you should get the crosspin as it carries the torque. I'm sure that 4wheelcustom's price is similar if not a a bit better. Plus, you'd be supporting this forum =). Give him a pm.

DC, the 25 dollar minispool's you are seeing are for the Ford 9" rear axle. That's better then I've been seeing, all the ones I've seen lately are 35-40 dollars for the minispool and crosspin together.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not on pirate.. I will have to check it out.
The price is good and if I could get it quick I would buy it now.

Does the mini still work with out the pin? I saw one in Ebay for a good price but it didn't come with the pin.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
You would be reusing your old stock pin if you don't get a new one. A pin which was never meant to run both tires at the same time with no differentiation and such that a spool gives as opposed to an open carrier.

Just send a pm to 4wheelcustoms and see what he can do for ya.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
My bad, 4wheelcustoms doesn't have the minispool/crosspin. My bad.

Crosspin for what? I was just saying what I had seen. Guess its cheaper elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Both for Dana 44, 30 spline

Richmond cross pin: jegs part # 836-CSPD44 $14.99
Richmond mini-spool: jegs part # 836-78-4430-1 $109.99

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
You know what.. i've got both of the above items sitting in my garage. Neither has ever been installed. Still in original boxes. How about $80 with shipping?

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
XLTChris said:
Who me?
You never got back to me about the shipping price. Then I kinda forgot about it.

Yeah you.:histerica I sent you a fedex quote of $7 on 10/29/2005 via email. We emailed back and forth about after that regarding a source for a hardened pin and prices and there was at least 9 emails and several pms as well from about 10/22 and 10/30. That's why I was :shocked to you wanted one ASAP along with a pin.

"I want to get it very soon for a trip next week."

That's all. It takes longer to install these in ttb's than it does a sas.

Any way :beer

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
Saurian said:
4wheelcustom's here on this board sells them. Many Pirate vendors also sell them. For TTB's somebody was just saying the other day that you should get a richmond minispool because some other minispools don't seem to get the splines engaged all the way. That's just hear-say though.
I don't know about other minispools but the splines definately fit the Richmond better than the EZ lockers I've tried.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts