Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, Im getting a new motor in the bronco now, after that ill decide if im keeping her or not. if I keep it next thing to do is a locker. Right now im testing the waters and see what all is out there and checking my options, if you have one for sale PM with a price and we can go from there. :) thanks

Brad

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
Blaze - I just caught your post on this. I think I'm gonna try this out on my front diff. Do you know anyone who has this unit? They claim it doesn't affect steering characteristics and seems to have many other advantages. The price is definitely right, too. :beer

Once again, you are da Man!!

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
ok, being from more recently the Mustang crowd... would the Traction-Loc unit be anything worth considering on an 8.8 rear-end? I've found a source for them for under $200... any input would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...

Tom

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
do you want to know if the traction lock would be comparable to a locker? no way. like you were saying, traction locks work good with mustangs because mustangs never pull there rear tires off the ground. if you are looking for a traction device for offroad use, nothing beats a locker. if you are going to br driving on the street mostly with the occasional mud hole, traction locks are fine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The picture on their website looks exactly like my powertrax no-slip at about half the price. Sounds like a very good deal if you don't want to change gears.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do they only have the front locker for the D44 and no rear locker for the 8.8? anyone know? I could get two of those for the cost of one normal locker!!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
OldBlue said:
do they only have the front locker for the D44 and no rear locker for the 8.8? anyone know? I could get two of those for the cost of one normal locker!!!!
I e-mailed them asking them about it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice, thanks. I was going to email them but figured id ask on here first.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
:shrug
fordman7795 said:
do you want to know if the traction lock would be comparable to a locker? no way. like you were saying, traction locks work good with mustangs because mustangs never pull there rear tires off the ground. if you are looking for a traction device for offroad use, nothing beats a locker. if you are going to br driving on the street mostly with the occasional mud hole, traction locks are fine.
Thanks for clearing that up... now for the technical stuff... uhhmmm and pardon my ignorance, but could you elaborate on what a locker does vs what the Traction-Loc does?

Part of the learning curve... thanks in advance...

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
jackhart said:
Blaze - Do you know anyone who has this unit?
GearHead had one ordered but because of christmas it was taking them a couple of weeks to get in. I think he talked to some of his local club guys and they love 'em (heep crowd mostly) :shrug

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
again with the mini spools eh ogeechee?

this is for tomh:
the traction lock is a limited slip. if one tire spins, some of the power is directed to the tire with more traction. not all, but some. these work good with all tires on the ground. once you get up in the air its hard to get traction to the tire on the ground. if you have a locker, the power is sent to both wheels equally. a locker also unlocks when coasting through corners on the street. but when you get offroad you have full 2 wheel traction all the time. (for the axle with the locker)

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
i got an e-mail back from the aussie guys.

"Thank you for your interest in the Aussie Locker. That model is not yet in
production. We expect it to be in the factory in the March time frame."

in reference to a 8.8 31 spline open rear end.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
awesome thanks fordman, Ill order a front locker of now. and get the rear when it comes out lol.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
you are welcome. :thumbup and i might just order a front locker too! i figure i can put it in my bronco for now and when my 77 f150 is ready to go i can throw it in there.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Mini spool that 8.8 and don't look back. You wont be sorry. no need for those wimpy ass auto lockers!!:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts