Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a rear shackle flip for my 85 bko. Preferably not much use or brand new is what I'm looking for. I know people have some laying around that they aren't using. So hit me up, thanx

·
Registered
539 Posts
of course you can do it that way as well, just make sure you do it right. I have been scared this christmas holiday by one ford reverse shackle setup. They put the top bolt holes at the bottom of the frame, and now the pinion angle is way up high!!! if you want cheap and easy this is the way to go about it

·
My Ass Is A...
986 Posts
B-Cheetah...If you go the stock route, we can find a set at A local yard and beef them up at Larry's shop:thumbup

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
CableGuy said:
i think thats the first time ive heard of doing that. kewl idea :thumbup way cheaper too.

That is the way I was told to do it. I thought everyone knew to do it that way. I used 250 front hangers and got a little more lift.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha yah AK, didn't we just go through this on the other forum?! hahaha. But yah, I could use some help to make sure I get the right ones and then bring it over to the shop to beef them up. Thanx everyone for the input.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,857 Posts
Lightnin, is that shackle angle right? I thought you wanted the shackle to be on the other side. Like, if you mirrored the shackle to the other side like that (Flipped sides) that'd be about optimal for shackle angle. Just asking...

If anybody has a second set of front spring hangers, I'd be willing to take them off their hands. Not too expensive to get from the net, but its the same thing lol.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So yah, if you're looking for them how's about quit pirating my thread and start your own. How's that sound

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
I need new pics. Everytime I post it I hear about it. This is with 0 weight on the leafs. Bronco is on jackstands. It sits back farther then this.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,857 Posts
B_Cheetah23 said:
So yah, if you're looking for them how's about quit pirating my thread and start your own. How's that sound
Here ya go:

Saurian said:
If anybody has a second set of front spring hangers, I'd be willing to take them off their hands. Not too expensive to get from the net, but its the same thing lol.
Observe the bolded section. Read, comprehend, and relax bro :thumbup . :doh0715:

Lightnin - so that's about the orientation that the shackle needs to be mounted at so that with weight it will swing back to its resting position? Good to know =)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Naw, no harm intended. Just messin with ya. Tend to do that alot, got that kind of personality to where I joke around and mess with everyone. Just habit i guess, haha. But yah. Just clarifying it up for ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts