Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has it...
if you have one for sale let me know ASAP. Its off a 1990-1991 rear drive shaft connected to the transfer case. email me @ [email protected] dot net Shipping to temple hills md 20748. I can send payment via paypal or money order. bc

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
If ya can't find one anywhere else, try a driveshaft shop--they usually stock those yokes. If you don't have one local, send me a PM, and I can go to the local one here and get one for ya

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will make a few calls on monday. I am limited on movement since black betty was my dd. If you can get this part much sooner I would be a happy camper. bc

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,
Will that flange fit a 89-90 . I am so confused. I had a 1990 and a 1989 and the driveshaft folks are telling me it would not work with the flange I pulled off the truck. I fell victium to stupid and have already trashed the old drive shaft that was on the truck. Duh... So I have a 1988 drive shaft now but I need to find a flange that will fit. The one that was on the truck is damaged I called a shop and spicer does not make the 2-2-1369. BUt he can order me a part very similar for 35.00. Any advice guys. I am loosing it and black betty has not stopped crying yet. bc

·
Banned
19,252 Posts
AFAIK, there are only 2 possibilies:a yoke that the U-joint fits into with U-bolts, or a companion flange.

I don't know how anyone can tell you that Spicer doesn't make that Spicer part. :shrug I bought it less than 2 years ago, and I can't believe they quit producing them in that time. It's not like it's a rare part for a rare vehicle. But if they DID quit, you can usually buy a complete driveshaft at a junkyard for ~$50. That part was used on ALL F150s & Broncos during the time that it was used on ANY of them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did you ever find this part? Anyone who told you it's a bad part number is an idiot, because it's in the Spicer catalog.
I'm at the driveshaft shop right now, and there is one sitting on the shelf here; sells for 21.54.
If you need it, give me a call and we can get it shipped out to ya--just need to make sure we get a couple measurements to verify everything, since there are a few variables (mostly the large pilot hole on the back)
cell 740-525-7306

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings and Give thanks Jim,
I finally got one but at 40 bucks. Whick is five dollar more than a place that did nnot have it. I was originally quoted 16.51 then later told that price was way off. I tell ya these days customer service is gone. So I am hopoing to have it on the trucl this week. I purcahased two upgraded u joints. I hope it will be worth it in the long run. bc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts