Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna try to JB weld my radiator shut but this thing is striped dam near smooth! what should I do? Im not even sure I know what this line is. Something to do with the tranny cooler. To top it all off I cant find my Haynes:banghead

red is what Im trying to remove blue is where its spinning and yellow is where if I push any harder its gonna twist

heres a bonus round

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Can you get vise grips on it? If not can you grind off a small amount of material around it, enough for a good bite?

Get a small tubing cutter, cut the line as close to the fitting as you can, re-farrel the end of it and get a new fitting for the end of the line.

Good Luck!

B

·
0 Posts
Ya hack the lines, get an external cooler from the junkyard cheap. I seen many out there. I like the steel one with spiral flow for tuffness and max cooling. Some think you shouldn't share the overheating between the tranny and the engine via radiator. I'm in that camp.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Get a small pipe cutter from your local hardware store, and just cut the thing. Then you can work on it outside of the engine compartment. You're replacing the radiator anyway right?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay here's what I did with the bolt, I just filed it down flat on 2 sides.

and here is the fixed radiator being modeled by the girlfriend

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I havent found one in a junkyard yet but when I do this one is coming out. the crack runs the entire length of the JB, it's huge!

never thought about a new tranny cooler that sounds good.I'd have to agree that I dont want to share any overheating beef with the two most costy parts on the truck. Ill have to start looking into this.

Blown
get an external cooler from the junkyard cheap. I seen many out there. I like the steel one with spiral flow for tuffness and max cooling
So what am I looking for Blown this spiraling vortex of chill sounds like the ticket.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Screw the radiator, let see more pictures of the girlfriend. j/k or am I? It's too bad this didn't happen sooner. A few months ago I had a radiator that I would have given away.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Blaze said:

P.S. they are right...nice parts model!!!:thumbup
Ya but im surprised she would touch that nasty thing.... shes either real cool or your really.....:shocked

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well.......okay:D

this was her reaction when I woke her up to tell her it was time to mix the JB weld

thats all I got of her that I can show:goodfinge but as my projects continue I'll make sure she models everything;)

B

·
0 Posts
Spiral cooler = not aluminium, tuffer maybe like radiator brass, usually painted black, spiral molded channells designed to pull more heat out, Not typical alum. tubes surrounded by fins. But hey, they work too. You might also look for a small one to cool your powersteering too. I paid full dollar at the Zone. If you hacked the lines rinse out the metal filings!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so I just go to the junkyard find one off pretty much anything and it will bolt up? same with a power steering cooler? you dont have any pics do you?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay here it is right before I put it back

and here it is after its all back in

Im gonna have to do some problem solving with that passenger side bracket. I had to drill out the busted bolt so now I have no threads and my fingers are to big to get up behind it. Something will strike me soon enough though

1 - 20 of 31 Posts