Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...So I can see that those tubes attached lead back to my rear brakes - so I'm hoping/assuming this is my out-of-order e-brake, or part of it (and that I don't have to address any brake issues for awhile). Can anyone help me gain some clarity using these two pics? Thanks! PS; This pic is taken from the driver's side about mid-door.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys - you just put my heart at ease! Yeah the pedal is wrapped up with the release handle by a bungee cord - who knows wtf is going on there. I just picked this lil girl up last week but I knew at the time the eBrake was useless. I only noticed this "dangling" bit today though and so it spooked me. Don't know why I didn't notice before - I was under there a few days ago looking for skid plates. (None, btw, lame.)

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Yes'm, you are missing the cable from the pedal to the adjuster. Might just be disconnected, but more likely broken. Easy to find in the J/Y, not real easy to get off but can be done. If you want skid plates, Hefty Fabworks here in Co Springs makes them, and lots of other neat stuff for Broncos.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes'm, you are missing the cable from the pedal to the adjuster. Might just be disconnected, but more likely broken. Easy to find in the J/Y, not real easy to get off but can be done. If you want skid plates, Hefty Fabworks here in Co Springs makes them, and lots of other neat stuff for Broncos.
skid plates and close to home too. great! thank you :thumbup
I'm a few months of work (aka $$$) away from those skid plates but I've had an experience where they once saved my ass on a '99 sportage of all vehicles.
No doubt the cable will take a lot of muscle. I'll pick up the cable and have the brake guys do it when I'm in there for resurfacing here in the near future.

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
27,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
Welcome what part of the state are you in? There are bunches of us around the front range, and a few on the left slope;)

Pretty pup, mine prefers to enter through the drivers door, less height, but mine also fits under the wheel.

The tailgate is a tough issue but if you need parts my gate is empty and the window stuff is in the garage.

As said Hefty has the mad skills to assist with any metal work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome what part of the state are you in? There are bunches of us around the front range, and a few on the left slope;)

Pretty pup, mine prefers to enter through the drivers door, less height, but mine also fits under the wheel.

The tailgate is a tough issue but if you need parts my gate is empty and the window stuff is in the garage.

As said Hefty has the mad skills to assist with any metal work.
Hey Coloradoans, I'm up here in Larimer county - just outside the sweetheart city (Loveland). Thank you Wile E. (I phucking adore chuck jones!) -- I may take you up on that. I will take pics and show you what condition it's in and maybe you can tell me what I'm missing - I see gears but no motor? The cat that sold it to me was like "All ya' got'ta do is buy a $50 motor and slap her in there." YEAH RIGHT! As if I have some kind of a clue. My poor dog is getting some mobility issues (hit by a couple different cars, jumped out'ta my old 4x to kill a deer - ran full speed into a couple fire hydrants, you know the deal) but the rear gate is his best bet 'cos other wise his frisky @$$ is gon'na have to climb over the baby seat - haha. I'll get him a ramp.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hey Coloradoans, I'm up here in Larimer county - just outside the sweetheart city (Loveland). Thank you Wile E. (I phucking adore chuck jones!) -- I may take you up on that. I will take pics and show you what condition it's in and maybe you can tell me what I'm missing - I see gears but no motor? The cat that sold it to me was like "All ya' got'ta do is buy a $50 motor and slap her in there." YEAH RIGHT! As if I have some kind of a clue. My poor dog is getting some mobility issues (hit by a couple different cars, jumped out'ta my old 4x to kill a deer - ran full speed into a couple fire hydrants, you know the deal) but the rear gate is his best bet 'cos other wise his frisky @$$ is gon'na have to climb over the baby seat - haha. I'll get him a ramp.
welcome to larimer county, im here in north side of fort Collins myself.

there is a nice pick and pull in Greeley and also off highway 34(towards Greeley on left side) that should have thee e brake parts for you

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welcome to larimer county, im here in north side of fort Collins myself.

there is a nice pick and pull in Greeley and also off highway 34(towards Greeley on left side) that should have thee e brake parts for you
I can see that one off 34 in my mind's eye. I will be scavenging those spots when my carb's in better order (as is my gas bills is wayyyy too high - i'm working on that right now) thank you! There's also that 4x4 graveyard on the north side of the fort, i call it the willy graveyard not sure its real name. i was gon'na check there too. Thanks for the welcome pal but I'm a native :)

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,277 Posts
I just used a 4x2 sheet of 5/8" plywood with some carpet glued to it for my old girl.
She still preferred to jump over it even though I thought she didn't have the strength for it. :haha
"Get outta my way and let me get in the dang truck and Watch the bumps will ya!"

Your Ebrake cable that is hanging may be seized up.Most are if you live anywhere near a rust belt.Its likely that all of it will need replacing.:beer

·
4:20 Enthusiast!
3,277 Posts
That is a nice ramp but did his dog use it?
If it moves or bends much the dog will likely panic and not want to use it.
At least that is the experience I had with mine.Just my 2 cents.
I found that a milk crate sized wood box worked well too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just used a 4x2 sheet of 5/8" plywood with some carpet glued to it for my old girl.
She still preferred to jump over it even though I thought she didn't have the strength for it. :haha
"Get outta my way and let me get in the dang truck and Watch the bumps will ya!"

Your Ebrake cable that is hanging may be seized up.Most are if you live anywhere near a rust belt.Its likely that all of it will need replacing.:beer
nah northern - not many rust issues here in Colorado unless you're in fishing holes a lot, but I can't say for sure where the truck came form. What may look like rust in my pics is just some dried up mud. I like that wood box idea too. With my old shepherd (rip) I just hoisted her @$$ up there.

we'll see how this one does once i get the tail gate actually down :duh
thanks for that link wile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts