Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

WTF is this?

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  LarryP 
#1 ·
Looks like Im missing something on my transplant... its a 91 302 out of a f150... I thought I grabbed all hoses and everything but apparently Im missing this... its on the back of the engine, behind the intake, but down low towards the tranny.... sorry bout the pic its hard to get to standing on a ladder holding a flashlight in one hand and a phone in the other trying to balance... right behind the red wire...

the hole is about 1/2" Id say, looks like vacuum/emissions er something... I just need to know what it is and what it goes to.... im gettin pretty close to starting it for the first time and dont want to throw any extra codes for me to deal with...

See less See more
#6 ·
its on the back of the engine, behind the intake, but down low towards the tranny....

the hole is about 1/2" Id say, looks like vacuum/emissions er something... I just need to know what it is and what it goes to.... im gettin pretty close to starting it for the first time and dont want to throw any extra codes for me to deal with...
Knock sensor hole. Should be in the block, behind the passenger side of the intake, on a flat surface of the block, near the tranny but on the engine block.

Better pic will confirm.......

#9 ·
its the part that has the FORD label on it, it sit on top of what I would call an equalizer tube that seems to be connected to the back of the heads...

here is a pic before installation, its on the far left, the black strap seems to be wrapped around it..

#10 ·
I looked in my manual but never found a pic or reference to it... could be the brain grenades... (16oz.ers) but I dont think so...

#14 ·
so im guessin the connection between the two is a hard line, either metal or plastic, not a rubber hose?

#16 ·
sweet... thanks... Ill check the jy tomorrow or make one up... I appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.