Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is looking to trade his rear axle, for one more highway friendly. I have no idea what gears his are, yet, but he's suspecting 4.11. He's looking to swap to a low-to-mid 3.__ ratio. If you happen to have just the carrier and gears, that'd be fine too, I can tell him to just buy those.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Dave I've got a 9' with 3:50's

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I've got a 10.25 with 3.55's

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shawn, he needs a D60, but I'm keeping that in mind, for myself :thumbup

Todd, thanks, but that's too far, for him to be able to ship, especially since the company he works for, doesn't handle the Michigan area, yet

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna stop by his house tomorrow, so I'll ask him about it then, and let you know what he says - altho, I'm going to guess he won't want to buy an entire truck. but, I won't know til I ask

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
davids78bronco said:
Jim, is that just the gearset? or does it happen to be mounted on a carrier still?
Just the gears. If I remember right the carrier break is 4.56 on the D60, so if this D60 has 4.10's it should be a easy swap with the existing carrier. If one is needed I can get one easy enough.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be asking him about this, tomorrow... I couldn't get ahold of the guy all weekend - even tho he told me he'd be home. He THINKS his '89 might have 4.10s, and was supposed to have found out, by now

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't looked at his rear axle, myself, so I'm only going on what the local JY told him - he doesn't have the D60, but a Corporate (in their words). I told him they had to have meant a Sterling, in which case it would be a 10.25". The yard also told him they'd swap his rear axle, for one of their 3.53, plus $200. I said to hold onto the money, that's not a fair deal

SO, this is where I'm at now - I need to find a 3.5_ R&P gear set, for a 10.25 :shrug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts