Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell is that? Can anyone tell me what this file is? I have a feeling it is a virus on my computer. I know I have a virus and I have traced my computers problems to this application but I don't want to erase it without knowing what it is. Can you all tell me weather you have it on your OS (XP) as well? File location is in Windows/System32. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BoulderBronco said:
What the hell is that? Can anyone tell me what this file is? I have a feeling it is a virus on my computer. I know I have a virus and I have traced my computers problems to this application but I don't want to erase it without knowing what it is. Can you all tell me weather you have it on your OS (XP) as well? File location is in Windows\System32. Thanks for any help.
And if you try to use it via double click it creates another file WUMP.EXE-1A12A443.pf. That file is located in Windows\Prefetch. What is file extension pf. Something is definatly wrong with these files.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
F-Secure Home Page

Search for: Extended

Search for wump. Search results: wump : 0 / 0

Sorry, your search for wump did not find any results.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords. Also, you can try extended search mode

---

Doesn't appear to be a virus... this is right from the F-Secure website... although, in doing a search, it seems to point to something PERL related... :shrug

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Delete it.
It isnt needed in system 32 anyway.
It was most likely a file that was added to the system 32 entries when you installed a game or some "freewear" software.
i see it all the time at work.

The worst case scenario would be you may have to re-install the game or software that it was associated with, but imo it is just a junk file.

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
As far as pointing to something PERL related:

It seems as if it's a Perl version of the game "Hunt the Wumpus" and has something to do with a project going on that is reconstructing Unix into Perl. Apparently, it's been called one of the first text-adventures out there. The description is "Move around the tunnels and shoot the wumpus. Don't get eaten by the wumpus, don't fall into a pit, don't hit yourself with an arrow, watch out for bats."

How it got on your machine, who knows - :shrug But I'd wager a good guess that you probably don't need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts