Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok some of you wanted me to show my x pipe and I finally have time to do it. I have had it on my truck for about 3 months and like the sound i get. I think it gives a more of a bello sound out of the exhaust.

here is my first piece and you cut a 90 degree on the pipe you have to make 4 of these took a lot of time to get them right

test fit a little off but owell we have a welder we can do anythig to fix it.

first section welded up

here is the second section welded up ready to be welded together. You can notice the second one is a little wider because i welded my cats side by side and it need to be wider.
all welded up ready to be mocked in with the rest.
took me all day to mock and weld this up don't laugh at my welds i'm a little rusty haven't welded since highschool.
here is another pic of my pipes off the headers. I had lots of fun doing this and would do it again in a heart beat. I haven't got any more pics of it finished on the truck but maybe I can do it later.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Pretty frickin' ingenious there Graydevil

Good going. Make sure you take plenty of pics of that exhaust you're building.

Once you've tested it for fit and performance you can splurge on some mandrel bent pipes next time and cerma-coat them next time, like Fireguy suggests.

I did my system in plain, but heavy gauge muffler piping and after 5 Winters of Canadian salt it's still holding strong.

Next time around I know what changes I want to make, if I even bother. I may just buy that dirt cheap twin pipe Y-pipe from Catco and work off that, as I've got shorties and they fit stock systems.

You look like long tube headers correct ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

This is an X pipe with long tube headers. All three inch tubing. Overkill perhaps for a smallblock motor.

This setup was on the truck when I got it. Somebody put alot of time in on this one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.