Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick newbie question: I'm looking specifically for an 96, seems to be more EB one's around versus the XLT's. I would prefer the XLT with manual hubs & TC versus electric. (I did do a search) but is it correct to say that most EB's would be all electric shift (was it std) & most XLT's would be mostly manual?. Most all vehicles are usually in the Seattle area (I'm in Bellingham) about 2 hrs PITA drive away to look at these rigs.
Should I just avoid calling on Eddie Bauer's because of this? Thanks in advance! I should say that after reading all the story's about guys wanting to swap from electric shift to man I'm going to hold out for a 351 with the manual set up.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,092 Posts
If you find the right rig, buy it. You can always make the changes you want later. I personally haven't had any issues with my electric shift.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you find the right rig, buy it. You can always make the changes you want later. I personally haven't had any issues with my electric shift.
^ this.

With the vehicle being just shy of 20 years old, I would be more concerned about finding one in really good condition (esp. body/chassis) than the trim level, or any one feature.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
In a '96 model, whether it's XLT or EB, the vast majority will be electric shift.

As stated above, just find one you like in good shape.

·
Registered
274 Posts
^ this.

With the vehicle being just shy of 20 years old, I would be more concerned about finding one in really good condition (esp. body/chassis) than the trim level, or any one feature.
This X2 I've had a beat to hell and back 93EB and currently 93 XLT both 302 and both electric shift. Never had any issues with that. *knocks on wood*

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
In a '96 model, whether it's XLT or EB, the vast majority will be electric shift.

As stated above, just find one you like in good shape.
Not true, most leather, light sunvisor, dimming rear view mirror xlts have push button 4x4. I have seen a few exceptions online and in person that had manual t-case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts