Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am logged in as a admin but when I try to install some drivers it says I need to be logged in as a admin to continue?

idears?

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Start Button to

Control Panel click

User Accounts..... See what's in there.

Make sure you're the only Admin.

Should do it.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
I am not demeaning you. Are you sure your the Admin?

If you created multiple accounts for your family to use, you have to ensure that you set up the security preferences right.

If you only log on with one account, it may say administrator, but you still have to check the privileges. or you may need to create an administrator account

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where do I check the privileges at?

There is 4 accounts on this system, the main admin accound which I do not use, my wife and mine are both admins and a account for people for when they visit with limited use.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this sucks, I cannot get my stoopid video drivers reinstalled. :(

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
where do I check the privileges at?

There is 4 accounts on this system, the main admin accound which I do not use, my wife and mine are both admins and a account for people for when they visit with limited use.
When you click on the name in the User Panel its under "Change My Account Type"

I'd delete that "?main" admin account if it were mine and make sure mine was the only admin account on the system.

If you're leary about doing that.....

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only have the choice of admin or limited accounts, is there any place else to change more settings for accounts?

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
can i ask you one quick question?

if you're on the computer, and the computer is working fine, why are you installing new drivers?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can i ask you one quick question?

if you're on the computer, and the computer is working fine, why are you installing new drivers?
long fricken story, it starts with a 2 hour phone call last night from my syster who is not computer savy. from there it took abother hour for her to install a simple program so I could log into her system and fix it for her. That was the easy stuff.

She needed to reboot, the wife came over to check her email, when she switched users, my screen went black. rebooting would only leave a black screen after the first windows splash screen.

finally got into safe mode and was able to jump back like 3 days on system restore to get back into the desktop. but something happened to the drivers for the video.

I have ran superantispyware, norton, 2 different online virus scanners, adaware, hijack this, MS system file checker, everything is updated. and the fawker will not accept the drivers.

I did how ever get a set from MS update, it just does not have all the neat things the manufacturer had for the video card, but it is working right now.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
are you installing from disk or from download?
download from ATI's website, I have tried the version I knew was running well on my system, then I tried the most up to date version. Same thing,.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
download from ATI's website, I have tried the version I knew was running well on my system, then I tried the most up to date version. Same thing,.
and the problem is if you call Microsoft help, they'll blame it on ATI and if you call ATI they will blame it on Microsoft.

been there, done that.

you trying to get the ATI Catalyst?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the only thing i found comparable to your situation.
he has exactly the same thing that I have goingon. problem is with the orginal disk the drivers cause my screen to loose big blocks some times a good 1 inche of the screen is gone, other times I just loose buttons. Something was up with the way the drivers were redrawing the screen.

then they released drivers about 1.5 months ago that fixed it for me.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anything else I could scan with to be sure there is no nasty's on this system?

·
0 Posts

What is your display? Did you load a display driver or let microsoft ID it for you?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts