Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yea that mechanic who did my motor was a one time thing and i took the motor out myself and he built it that was it and yea that guy is an assholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

· Registered
867 Posts
331, stock heads, are u running a cam and intake because ur engine is prolly running seriously lean if ur still on 19 lb/hr injectors...

gears are going to be really expensive since u have to do front and rear, and ull prolly do a locker while ur at it...and never stop
prolly cheaper to build that motor since its low miles...

look into a good cam and some gt40 heads or Patriot makes good heads cheap, then top it off with 30 lb/hr injectors with matching MAF
ud have 350 hp prolly, good torque and 5th gear would kick some ass

or do 4.56's... anyway, 36's are pushing your axle components anyway

· Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
No. 19 lb/hr can take it all the way to 300 horsepower. Look at my setup. I'm still running factory injectors. 30 pounders would drown it.

· Registered
867 Posts
to 300 yes...but that's the limit...
if he plans on 350, or 400 he should go with 24's...400 would be pushing it on 24's tho

· Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
Right, but keep in mind this is a 331 in a truck, with a rev limit of 5500 rpm. It's pretty difficult to make anything over 300 at this low an engine speed without MUCH more displacement and higher compression.

· Registered
616 Posts
... he built it that was it and yea that guy is an assholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Curiously, if he's lied to you about the 400hp and you know he's an asshole anyway, how do you know he really stroked it in the first place?

Perhaps he just slapped on some new gaskets and a sprayed a can of instant engine rebuild (paint) on your little 302, took your money and laughed his buttocks off. :thumbup

· Registered
867 Posts
Curiously, if he's lied to you about the 400hp and you know he's an asshole anyway, how do you know he really stroked it in the first place?

Perhaps he just slapped on some new gaskets and a sprayed a can of instant engine rebuild (paint) on your little 302, took your money and laughed his buttocks off. :thumbup
i hate when people says things like this...

because you never forget it

· Registered
11,042 Posts
Just for grins, you should measure your stroke, and see if it's different then the stock 3" stroke.

It's 3" right, and the 351 is 3.5"... I know it's a 4" bore, but I'm having a brain fart right now. :toothless

· Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
Maybe the mechanic sleeved the bores, and it's really 3.72! ;)

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
well i do have 10:1 compression with edelbrock upper and lower intake bbk throttle body and cold air kit but i was gunna do 34lb injectors and upgrade my sd with an accel tunable performance computer and hopefully i can get those numbers up

· Registered
11,042 Posts
Info on the Accel computer?

I'd bet you could do it for a hell of a lot cheaper then what something from Accel is going to cost you.

· Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
A F.A.S.T. would blow the Accel outta the water. Accel's setup is a glorified, overpriced, repackaged GM throttle body injection setup. Your factory EEC-IV PCM is fine, but you have failed to take into account almost any of the parameters it needs to run properly, i.e. camshaft LSA & duration, vehicle weight, manifold design, etc. At this point, just get the mechanical aspect of the engine correct. I'd REALLY consider ditching that camshaft, else you'll be going MAF.

How is it you have a 1995 model Bronco with originally a 5.0L and you don't have MAF?

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
re:

could the fact that its not maf, be because mine is a stick shift? whats involved price wise for the maf? and what is the difference between that and doing the accel computer?

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
o and i did think about my parameters such as what its being used for and the vehicles weight and specs but unfortunitely i did not do enough research n the computer part, obviously which is why im trying to figure this stuff out now , ya im an idiodt for not thinking about it b4, hell i could always go carb?

· Registered
3,288 Posts
people only go backwords when they don't understand what they have infront of them. EFI is going to proform better than a carb would for what appears to be a built off-road rig. Just research and don't jump the gun, You'll get there.

· Registered
867 Posts
maf allows more flexibility with the numbers, and you can buy upgraded mafs which have usually tricked so that u can run larger injectors...

depending on where u live (how cold it gets) a carb is simpler...and tech. cheaper too tune but has issues like inclines and such

· Registered
750 Posts
i drive on the highway daily for school and i cant seem to use 5th gear whenever i go into it i just sorta lose power and speed instead of gaining and so i have to rev it out in 4th, my truck is a 95bko with the stock 5 speed ,331 stroker, stock t case, gears,axles, 6" lift with 36" iroks why cant i hold 5th gear while cruising?
Same sh!t happens to me and I am running 33's. :banghead:banghead

Gears are enroute at some point.

· Registered
750 Posts
put a bassani y-pipe and exhast on it, it will make a big diffrence to
Thats the next step I have a hole in my left header, and the heatshield if gone on the 1st cat. So next is headers, y-pipe, hi-flow, and another exhaust.

I am currently running a flowmaster 40 series (1 in 2 out) with 3" tips. Probably going to scrap that and just do it out to one.

IDK.
Deciding... :shrug:shrug

:scratchhe

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.