Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lookin for a Y pipe with new cat, but is there an affordable y pipe out there that has a 3" outlet, or is this something that has to be custom.

If it's custom I assume you would just use a 2 into 1 and a single in single out precat?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Six,
I read that thread, but the catco y pipe and I believe the bassini both have 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" outlets. Or Am I wrong, do they have 3" outlets on the cat?

·
Registered
1991 351W E4OD
866 Posts
The Catco one looks like it is two 2-1/4" pipes into the cat and then one 2-1/4" out of the cat.

I have the Bassani y-pipe and it is two 2-1/2" pipes merged into one 3" pipe.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TMwalmart,

Thanks for that, I thought the bassani had 2 1/2" out. The catco doesn't seem like it's much more then a stock replacement.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
TMwalmart,

Thanks for that, I thought the bassani had 2 1/2" out. The catco doesn't seem like it's much more then a stock replacement.
Streetgang said it made a large difference to his 302

That said I built mine so it exited at 3" for the 3" cat I employed.

What's so good about the Catco unit is it is just two 2 1/4" pipes that run toward the back. The potential to shorten them and add in a 2 into 1 "Y" to get you out to three inches, is GREAT !:thumbup (especially for that price).

Sixlitre

·
Registered
166 Posts
Streetgang said it made a large difference to his 302

That said I built mine so it exited at 3" for the 3" cat I employed.

What's so good about the Catco unit is it is just two 2 1/4" pipes that run toward the back. The potential to shorten them and add in a 2 into 1 "Y" to get you out to three inches, is GREAT !:thumbup (especially for that price).

Sixlitre

summit racing says mine should be in today,

I was thinkiing of ditching the Cat, and having a 3" "Y" welded in :chili:
I'm just afraid it's gonna be too loud with my moroso twister muffler (3")

1 - 7 of 7 Posts