Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but I could not answer my exact question. A few years back I bought a Bassani Y-pipe with cat. I have never got around to getting it installed since I sold my 94 Bronco and recently got a 1996 5.8L Bronco. Does the Y-pipe bolt directly to the stock manifolds that is my question?? Or do I have to do a little modification. Any help would be great thanks..

Chase

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,858 Posts
no , you need to purchase the flanges that bassani sells so they will adapt properly. your new bronco has a 5.8 as well right, because the 5.8 y wont fit a 302

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
No, it will not fit. LOTS of modification would be required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to my local exhaust shop, they built me a catless Y pipe for mine for $100...might check into that.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
If you bought the pipe for a 5.8 and now you want to put it on your new 5.8, you're fine. It will bolt right up to the manifolds, you just may have to loosen them first and then bolt the y-pipe up and then tighten everything at once.

If you bought it for a 5.0 before and now you want to put it on your 5.8, no can do. I would sell it and get one to fit.

·
Registered
447 Posts

Here are a couple of pictures of the bassani y-pipe and cat that is on my 96 with 351 engine. There are two O2 sensors in the y pipe (one on each side or bank) There is another sensor after the cat. It bolted right up and the flanges were already on the Y pipe. Disregard the metal door stop that the cat is resting against.
Here is a photo of cat installed.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
yeah see, the pre obd-ll 96's look different, heres mine:

you can see just that 02 sensor on that cross bar, and then the AIR tube on the straight part. Thats all there is unlike the 96 one that has 2 sensors. So actually, a 94 Y-pipe shouldnt work on the 96 because of the 02 sensor issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts